Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited [NESCO (Nigeria) Limited] is incorporated under the Companies Act of the Laws of Nigeria. Its core business is to generate, distribute, supply and retail electric power in Plateau State and adjacent States.
In its drive to ensure improved and sustained efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of its mandate with strategic leadership and management, NESCO (Nigeria) Limited is recruiting fully qualified, highly motivated, and well experienced persons to fill the rewarding vacant position below:
Job Title: Personal Assistant (PA) to the Managing Director
Job Purpose and Functions
- The Personal Assistant (PA) shall be responsible to the Managing Director (MD) in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities to effectively and efficiently provide secretarial, clerical, administration, and office management services in the office of the Managing Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Personal Assistant (PA) shall be responsible, but not limited, for the following:
- Taking dictation (in shorthand), transcription of the same and composing correspondence for the MD;
- Handling telephone calls for the MD’s Office and dealing with all incoming and outgoing emails and posts to the MD;
- Administration of meeting arrangements or logistics and related files/papers for such meetings;
- Taking minutes during Management Meetings & any other meetings chaired by the MD;
- Attending to MD’s visitors, diary appointments and promptly responding to official queries;
- Maintaining, arranging and management of MD’s appointments, engagements, and the MD’s itinerary;
- Making and coordinating the MD’s travel arrangements
- Indexing the MD’s business correspondence;
- Controlling stationery and other office materials for the MD’s office;
- Organizing the MD’s office refreshments, wall charts, and year planners;
- Maintaining an efficient electronic and manual filing system for the MD’s office;
- Timely processing, administration, and management of official correspondence and documents;
- Liaising for internal official interfaces, particularly in Management and with the Board;
- Orienting and inducting newly recruited office secretaries;
- Supplying and providing approved reference materials to stakeholders;
- In liaison with the Company Secretary, arranging and coordinating NNL’s Board Meetings; and
- Any other duties relevant to the post of PA as may be assigned by the MD.
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- The ideal candidates should have a minimum qualification of a Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Secretarial Management or Office Technology & Management or Equivalent Qualification from a reputable and recognized institution such as a Polytechnic.
- Those with a Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in the same discipline(s) will have an added advantage.
- They must have at least five (5) years relevant post qualification working experience of which at least two (2) years should be in serving Senior Management Office level.
- Those with proven experience as a PA who has worked with Executives will have an added advantage.
Required Key / Core Competencies, Attributes, and Skills:
- High integrity and be responsible, trustworthy, detail-oriented, flexible, honest, and reliable to work in a MD’s office;
- Hard-working individual with ability to work under pressure, independently, manage and handle multiple tasks with little supervision as demanded by MD’s office while maintaining a high level of performance with exceptional attention to accuracy and details;
- Experience in establishing and maintaining office systems;
- Pleasant, courteous, and extremely neat & clean personality;
- Excellent IT skills including processing & working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Power Point, Excel, and Access, etc);
- Strong oral/verbal & written communication, interpersonal, organisational, prioritization & time management, and negotiating skills and an excellent command of English language; and
- Advanced Typing of at least 50 words per minute and 120 words per minute shorthand.
- The position require persons who have demonstrable capacity to initiate innovations geared at making NESCO (Nigeria) Limited a rejuvenated, vibrant, and competitive power utility company.
- The right interested candidates should have prospects to build a meaningful career within the Electricity Supply Industry.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications, under confidential Cover Letter either by post, courier or e-mail, enclosing Copies of Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names, postal and e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of Three (3) Traceable Referees to:
The Managing Director,
Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited,
10 Barkin Ladi Road,
P. O. Box 15,
Bukuru, Jos South,
Plateau State, Nigeria.
Send electronic copies of Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Those who already applied for this position during the past one year do not need to apply again.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.