9mobile Nigeria Recruitment 2020. APPLY. 9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
9mobile Nigeria Recruitment 2020
Job Title: Head, Internal Control
- Location: Lagos
- Partner with senior business leaders to develop strong internal control strategy and implement/maintain a sound enterprise-wide Responsible for aligning the pillars of EMTS internal controls strategy to identify and mitigate risks and consolidate organizational processes and controls while meeting stakeholders’ expectations.
- Lead the internal control and risk management programs of EMTS from design to implementation
- Maintain an effective internal control environment for financial operations across the company.
- Work with business unit management to ensure mitigating controls are implemented for identified internal audit observations or internal control deficiencies.
- Create a risk assessment program to identify opportunities for process and control enhancements and develop recommendations to ensure risks are sufficiently mitigated
- Participate fully in developing and regular testing of the organization’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans and ensure that they are formally approved by the Board of Directors.Report on all events on system failures and other emergency issues
- Coordinate with management and process owners to ensure management action plans are completed in accordance with agreed deadlines, ensuring audits are conducted in accordance with the Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Support management in business practice investigations as requested related to allegations of misconduct, violations of code of conduct, conflicts of interest, theft and suspected fraudulent activities.
- Summarize and communicate to executive management any noted issues, risks, and business impact of controls deficiencies and track remediation to completion
- Create, review, and maintain end-to-end process documents around internal controls including narratives, flowcharts,and risk matrices
- Manage complex changes in business events and system implementations to ensure that processes and IT control areas are being considered
- Work closely with external auditors and third-party advisors to ensure the controls environment meets industry and reporting standards
- Dedicate appropriate resources to managing and re mediating existing deficiencies to establish control in the current environment and play an instrumental advisory role in designing controls in the future state in connection with the Company’s Business Transformation Project
- Oversee the Controls Certification process, move from a passive validation to an in-depth review and redesign of controls where required
- Partner with the Business to create an”early warning” system for the identification and monitoring of control breakdowns, weaknesses, stress points, and other risks to the business
- Strengthen the Controls Environment to the point that Controls are embedded in the mindset of the business
- Review the control set to identify the key controls that are fundamental to the business and reduce the reliance on simple “check the box” controls
- Consult with the business on Control Related matters and initiatives
- Partner with Business Transformation Team to design and implement the Future State environment with a strong emphasis on controls and the push toward a higher level of automation(automated preventative controls versus manual detective controls).
- Ensure the Organization has an approved written risk management policy, which is consistent with the its business strategies,capital strength, management expertise which falls within the overall parameters determined by regulatory authority
- Collaborate with Legal and Internal Audit to Design, Implement, and Govern the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program
- Develop monthly, weekly and, where appropriate, daily risk reports for each function that provides functional heads with the quantitative measures identified with respect to risk exposure and control compliance.
- Assess processes and strategies in place to mitigate risks, identify new ways to further enhance the risk mitigation plans and improve the overall risk return profile.
- Advise business areas on technical elements of risk management which involves risk identification, assessment,mitigation planning, monitoring, triggers/responses, evaluation and reporting
- Outstanding ability to summarize complex activities and issues into succinct presentations for a wide range of internal and external executive constituents.
- Experience leading projects and teams.
- Ability to multi-task and meet targets in a high-energy, fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Strong collaborative style with an ability to build effective working relationships across functions, geographies and levels.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in accomplishing goals understanding where “tried and true” is the most appropriate course and where “outside the box” thinking is most effective.
- A working knowledge of applications and databases that encompass all business cycles (including key cycles of revenue,expenses, payroll, and financial).
- Expertise in developing and executing data mining and analysis involving Excel or other software for financial and non-financial data
- Proficient in applying audit principles,standards, and techniques in reviewing and testing business/operational systems and an understanding of COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Strong analytical ability, including knowledge of cash flow analysis and financial modelling techniques.
- High ethical standards, unquestioned personal integrity, highly professional and credible, with strong ethics and values consistent with EMTS’ culture.
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Communication skills
- General IT knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in accounting, finance or related discipline.
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Eight (8) years’ work experience with a minimum of 2 years in a managerial role
- Minimum 6 years of internal control experience. Consulting experience desired; public and corporate internal audit experience also acceptable.
- Any of the professional certifications such as ACA, CIA, CISA, CFE, ACCA or other acceptable certification is required.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP, COSO, IIA and other professional standards.
Application Closing Date