Apply for the latest and ongoing 9mobile Recruitment 2020 Jobs Vacancies as 9mobile Recruitment Portal opens for November jobs in Nigeria.
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
9mobile Recruitment 2020 Jobs Vacancies
9mobile Jobs / Vacancies:
Job Title: Head, IT Program & Portfolio Management
Job Code: IRC3799
- Responsible for the on-time, cost-effective and right-quality delivery of business value through programs. Structure and manage the portfolio of change ensuring that it is balanced, healthy, value-focused and consistently steered to deliver the intended business impact.
- Manage delivery teams by maintaining oversight of the overall program execution, enforcing adherence to standards, acceptable risk judgement and a business value-driven approach to the deployment of resources across the portfolio.
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders within the delivery domain to ensure that desired business benefits are well articulated and that the portfolio deliverables are unambiguously mapped to such benefits.
- Ensure business impact of projects is measurable, well-managed, monitored and constantly refined to ensure that investments are optimally targeted and strategic intentions achieved.
- Promote a culture of execution excellence, risk-consciousness and a relentless focus on ROI/business value.
- Collaborate with IT strategy team and other demand management roles to ensure that program objectives, deliverables and timing are focused on business objectives based on impact & priority;
- Enhance the overall economic value of the portfolio in order to get the optimal return on investment.
- Collaborate with required EMTS project sponsors/executives and teams for assessment of value delivered vis-a-vis project objectives. Implement framework for quantifying benefits for each initiative in line with business case and measurement of time to value. Ensure clear communication of expected business value and the timing of project objectives by project sponsor and clearly understood by project delivery organization.
- Support executive decision making on programs and projects based on company-specific criteria. These criteria may include: how does the initiative fit in the defined enterprise architecture,how do risks and interdependencies come into play, how does the organization deal with compliance initiatives, etc.
Portfolio Prioritization, Selection & Delivery:
- Manage IT program pipeline by working with IT Management in selecting, prioritizing and orchestrating programs to deliver benefits that ultimately contribute to business success
- Convert approved programs to detailed project deliverables and requirements, align same with program delivery organization objectives and prioritize based on business value, exigencies and risk
- Ensure that project delivery organizations are fit-for-purpose in terms of structure, ability to deliver to EMTS’ expectation, taking into account capacity, capabilities, and various dimensions of risk
- Influence & negotiate the allocation of resources from EMTS stakeholders to deliver program objectives and contribute to overall business success. Consistently ensure that the environment incentivize the project delivery teams to deliver value in a timely manner
- Plan and coordinate all IT Program Board meetings for effective tracking and review of project progress against agreed plans
- Prepare and publish periodic program portfolio health dashboard / project reports to relevant stakeholders and provide insights into potential issues & risks with appropriate recommendations
- Deploy exception management processes for failing or high risk projects
- Work with IT Program board to resolve conflicting priorities and ensure that business value is foremost by focusing decisions and actions on the things that matter most to the organization
- Ensure follow through and closure of agreed actions and decisions taken by the IT Program Board
- Ensure all projects comply with required documentation and other standards, policies and procedures
Stakeholder &Communication Management:
- Manage commitments across stakeholders and ensure clear understanding of requirements and consistent communication across all parties
- Influence both EMTS and vendor stakeholders and create positive relationships through the appropriate channels to manage expectations and agreed objectives. Engender and sustain cross-functional alignment
- Responsible for timely escalation of potential risks and issues and renegotiation of commitments between project sponsors and delivery teams
Management of Portfolio Risks:
- Evaluate portfolio performance and interdependencies periodically in a bid to determine and quantify the probability and impact of risks within projects and across the overall portfolio
- Advise Management/ stakeholders on matters of risk & issues that are projects related and recommend actions to mitigate such
- Manage Program Quality by collaborating with IT Risk Management & other QA teams in defining and documenting standards, processes and procedures to guide and assure the quality delivery of projects and programs.
Maintain Portfolio Knowledge Base:
- Ensure that the knowledge base for all project implementations, including lessons learnt, are maintained and properly indexed/catalogued for audit and reference purposes
- Provide adequate feedback mechanisms on process improvement initiatives to ORM, which is an outcome of project oversight responsibility
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, IT Demand Management & Planning
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university preferred. Possession of an advanced degree, preferably an MBA, will be an advantage;
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- 9 to 12 years of combined work experience in IT/Engineering with up to 8 years in Portfolio Management or related activities (i.e. project / program management);
- At least 3 years experience in a managerial role.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project and/or equivalent tools;
- Experience with program/ multi-project management; governance and decision-making; business case development; budget and resource management; initiative portfolio management
- Experience in working through complex issues and providing alternative solutions.
- Ability to lead, influence and gain the confidence and respect of senior executives, functional leadership, BRMs, business sponsors, and team members;
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, outsourcing, program management and the mobile telecommunications industry; possesses a broad based operational perspective and provides solutions for all forms of business risk;
- Recognized program management authority with good risk management awareness who can negotiate trade-offs and is dynamic, proactive and decisive. Adapts well to and initiates change in the organization;
- Highly developed business communication skills (verbal and written), team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent project management skills and the ability to drive performance, risk consciousness and compliance from all areas within the company;
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels when under pressure;
- Exceptional analytical, quick-learning and critical thinking skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Head, Legal Services
- Oversees the activities of EMTS Legal department in proffering legal advice, legal support and solutions to EMTS to ensure that its operations are within the ambit of the law.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on litigation and dispute resolution matters to the business and relevant departments and develop and implement strategies to protect EMTS’s interests in internal and external disputes.
- Serve as principal point of legal advice to EMTS in the formulation and implementation of EMTS’s business, technical and commercial goals/objectives.
- Serve as a principal point of legal advice to EMTS in the implementation of its corporate compliance and governance policies.
- Ensure that prompt and qualitative legal support is provided to all relevant stakeholders in EMTS to ensure operational efficiency, risk protection and cost savings as applicable.
- Advise EMTS on local and international legal matters including any civil, criminal, contractual, telecom regulatory or labour laws that may affect EMTS’s activities or employees.
- Ensure effective case management strategy and adequate representation in Litigation matters involving EMTS.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of EMTS’ business, technical and commercial policies, procedures and regulations as directed by the Senior Management.
- Propose professional litigation and legal opinion management practices and procedures, to ensure consistent and prudent legal advice and action to protect EMTS interests.
- Monitor and study the impact of newlaws, regulations and legislation that may affect EMTS’s activities or employees and make recommendations to the Business.
- Draft and/or review proposed amendments to EMTS’ financial, technical, business, commercial and governance rules and associated documentation
- Propose professional, commercial and legal opinion management practices and procedures, to ensure consistent and prudent legal advice and action is provided to EMTS.
- Monitor and study the impact of new business, commercial, investment and finance laws, regulations and legislations that may affect EMTS’ business activities.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to EMTS’ activities
- Continuously review the unit/team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the organizational strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversees the activities of EMTS legal unit.
- Oversee the drafting of all contracts between EMTS and various counterparties including vendors, suppliers, consultants and other service providers.
- Oversee and manage EMTS’ dispute resolution and litigation portfolio.
- Proffering legal advice, opinions and solutions to EMTS and relevant departments to ensure that its operations are within the ambit of the law.
- Advice EMTS on legal matters relating to business expansion process including telecom and financial agreement.
- Monitor litigation (including any alternative dispute resolution mechanisms) by and against EMTS and manage the organisation’s legal exposure. Where an external counsel is required, act as primary liaison for external counsel’s contact and coordination with EMTS.
- Ensure that EMTS’s case and legal position in litigation is adequately represented and implement strategies to ensure EMTS risk is mitigated to the greatest extent.
- Liaise with relevant departments/divisions to investigate and resolve any breach of internal rules and regulations within EMTS and proffer recommendations as required.
- Review reports on all title verification/due diligence and make recommendation to the Business on suitability or otherwise and ensure proper documentation for property or site leases/acquisition.
- Liaise with the Regulatory and Corporate Affairs department to prepare and review regulatory dispute resolution submissions.
- Advice EMTS’ management on legal matters and relating to compliance and governance.
- Draft, maintain, and monitor a comprehensive governance manual for EMTS in line with approved policies and procedures.
- Advice EMTS on telecoms regulatory matters, liaising with Regulatory and Corporate Affairs department and other concerned department of EMTS as required
- Assist in the preparation of management and/or board requirements as required to authorize closure of commercial transactions.
- Oversee development and maintenance of a database of all business commercial, and financial legal documents and other related documentation.
- Implement the unit’s work programs and plan in line with agreed procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimize morale and performance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objects.
- Monitor and control the budgetary and financial directives of the business.
- Prepare and compile agreed periodic activities and performance reports for the attention of Executive Director and or Senior Management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- First degree in Law.
- Nine (9) to twelve (12) years relevant work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Telecoms Regulations
- Legislation and Compliance
- Legal Contract Drafting
- Litigation management
- Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution
- Effective communication &Collaboration
- Critical thinking & Decision Making
- Leadership and People Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online