SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Academic & On-the-Job Training (OJT), Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning (HVAC) Trainer
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Job ID: 2021-21648
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Temporary Work Contract
Contractual Hours: Full Time
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
Arae of Activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
- SPIE Oil & Gas Services Nigeria is looking for anAcademic & OJT HVAC Trainer to join her work force here in Nigeria.
- An HVAC instructor job involves providing instruction in approved training curriculum and materials in accordance with central training procedures.
- An HVAC instructor revises training curriculum and materials as needed, assists in student case management, employability skills, and pre-placement.
- An HVAC instructor provides assessment of students through applicable monitoring and reporting processes.
- An HVAC instructor ensures adherence to all safety standards and practices, including oversight, care and maintenance of facilities, equipment and materials.
- An HVAC instructor assists in the review of incentive applications and compiles necessary documentation as it relates to training curriculum, inspections, and reporting tools.
- An HVAC instructor continuously promotes all energy efficiency incentive programs by building awareness and understanding of program requirements among vendors, suppliers, builders, and residential and commercial customers.
- An HVAC instructor instructs students in subject matter, utilizing various methods, such as lecture and hands-on demonstration.
- An HVAC instructor must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, should have excellent communication and organizational skills, and the desire to be challenged every day.
- Develop and prepare all course teaching materials and visual aids. This will also include any course reference materials and/or student workbooks.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy of all individual training records and to provide accurate reports as and when required.
- To provide the company with detailed student progress reports containing the assessment, level of competence, attendance and behaviors of the trainees.
- Liaise with equipment vendors and any additional specialist instrumentation suppliers to ensure that teaching materials support the knowledge required for a trainee to develop satisfactory workplace competence.
- Take charge of the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operational status is achieved.
- Identify recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyze them and suggest improvements.
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programs and, if need be, suggest improvements.
- Warn support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts.
Candidates must be possess the following:
- Required Disciplines: Engineering
- Required Course Of Study: Bachelors of Engineering
- Required Certificate: B. Sc. / B. Eng.
- 5+ years of training experience with plumbing or HVAC products experience with commercial HVAC field service required
- Typically requires at least 5 years relevant training experience in addition to at least 5 years technical experience
- Must be medically fit to work
- Must be a certified HVAC technician with some on the job experience in either residential or commercial teaching.
- Experience in combining various heat and cooling devices to energy efficient systems
- Candidate must have strong leadership qualities.
- Candidate must be able to prioritize works relating to his field.
- Candidate must be easily adaptable to changes in planning and priorities as outlined by the client.
- Offshore experience working on FPSO’s is critical
- Should have extensive experience working in the Oil & Gas Services industry as an HVAC Trainer.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint; experience with training software is preferred
- Knowledge and ability to apply learning theories to classroom situations.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6 years or more
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online