SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Academic & On-the-Job Training (OJT) Mechanical Trainer
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Job ID: 2021-21652
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Temporary Work Contract
Contractual Hours: Full Time
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
Arae of Activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
- SPIE Oil & Gas Services Nigeria is looking for an Academic & OJT Mechanical Trainer, an enthusiastic Technical Trainer to educate people in a technological field.
- You will develop technical training programs and help others develop skills that will make them better professionals.
- Technical trainers must be extremely knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical aptitude.
- Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
The goal is to contribute to the development of people’s technical / IT skills to meet organizational needs:
- To deliver and assess Mechanical engineering courses .
- To develop and maintain the current Mechanical engineering course material including lesson plans and schemes of work for a range of courses.
- Assist in assessing, changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement. Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures. (ILP etc.).
- To review course content and delivery methods on a regular basis. Assume responsibility for meeting his/her course and learner performance goals.
- To ensure all relevant evidence of learning is accurately and correctly documented and completed for each learner. Provide feedback and support to learners on a one to one/ group basis.
- To assist in the overall development of the training Centre. To assist in the delivery of course material outside of the subject of Mechanical engineering.
- To prepare and assist in internal and external audits. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Training Manager.
Candidates must be possess the following:
- Required Disciplines: Engineering
- Required Course Of Study: Bachelors of Engineering
- Required Certificate: B. Sc. /B. Eng.
- Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Maintenance.
- Degree in a relevant technical field
- Have a minimum of 8 years Mechanical experience in industry.
- Competent in domestic or industrial installation & maintenance, with proven knowledge and experience on plant and process control systems would be an advantage.
- Have a sound knowledge of Mechanical engineering principles
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Communicates effectively, both orally, and in writing, with learners, employers and other professionals
- Hold an assessors qualification or willingness to work towards (TAQA, CAVA, A1 Assessors, D32 or D33)
- Hold a recognized teaching qualification or willingness to work towards (PTLLS, DTLLS, CTLLS, PGCE, PGDE, 7307, 7407 or Cert Ed)
- Proven experience as technical trainer
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience in designing technical course content
- Ability to address training needs with complete courses
- Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Certification such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) is a strong asset
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6 years or more
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date