Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Our client is an indigenous Oil and Gas and Logistics business offering Engineering and Logistics services to major IOC’s and Drilling projects across Nigeria, with offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt, Rivers States.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Locations: Apapa, Victoria Island and Ijora – Lagos
Job type: Full-time
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyse financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on Management Accounting
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Liaise with our Financial Manager and Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures
- B.S Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10 years proven working experience as Accountant, Accounting Supervisor.
- Professional Qualification (ICAN/ACCA)
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed report
- Additional Information.
Pay is competitive according to industry standard.