Lekki Freeport Terminal, part of the CMA-CGM Group, is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport, namely Lekki Port.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Payable Officer (Local – within Nigeria)
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure that all authorized Vendor invoices are processed timely.
- Keep track of disputed invoices, highlighting reason and possible measure in getting it closed.
- Give relevant advice and guide with respect to streamlining ERP & other IT systems (as it affects invoice processing) to ensure that minimum manual intervention is required, checks and controls are automated, and invoice processed timely.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Ensure timely processing of all invoices
- Ensure proper accounting leading to improvement in bookkeeping in line with Local & Group Policies and Procedures.
- Liaising with the procurement team, ensuring that the company has maintained proper contracts with all vendors.
- Ensure that invoices from all contracts are with proper documentation and are in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
- Review Suppliers’ aging analysis & due for payment reports to ensure prompt payment to suppliers in line with stated terms and conditions.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis on cost items.
- Ensure accounting system is up to date with all transactions.
- Ensure monthly review and documentation of changes to supplier master data.
- Reconciliation of Goods received not invoices account.
- Ensure appropriate approvals are received on invoices, which must fully align with the relevant authority matrix
- Review long outstanding Purchase Orders and follow up with procurement on their status.
- Review and report cases of duplicate invoices.
- Prepare monthly cost accruals (where necessary)
- Prepares vendor statements & reconciliations
- Any other tasks given by the Accounting Manager/CFO
Critical Success Factors
- Achieve and maintain all finance and terminal KPIs.
- Project milestones related to Finance are achieved and having no delays
Qualifications & Experiences
- Degree in Accounting or a similar field
- Minimum of 3 years Accounts Payable experience.
- Requires sufficient understanding of various accounting concepts to review and interpret accounting data.
- Must have relevant experience with using MS Office and ERP system.
- Basic knowledge of the shipping industry and port business.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure with constant change of priorities.
- Must be able to handle matters of the company’s business with confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to work with a team and also make good decisions with minimal supervision.
- Adaptability: Flexibility in dealing with change and overcoming obstacles in meeting job requirements.
- Analysis: Locating or extracting relevant information that is critical to problem solving.
- Assertiveness: Confidence in expressing an opinion or requirement even when challenged.
- Decisiveness: Evaluating information or situations, assuming the risks, and making judgements.
- Quality-focused: Supporting the needs of product and service excellence.
- Verbally skilled: Presenting ideas or information to an individual or to a diverse group.
- Team-focused: Working with a group in utilizing all its resources to achieve maximum performance.
- Versatility: Adapting one’s social or work style to meet the needs of the current environment.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online