Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Officer
Ref No: Okpella-F&A-0002
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Department: Finance (Plant)
Reports To: Head, Plant Finance
Direct Reports/ Subordinates: N/A
Job Grade: Officer
- Ensure accurate and timely recognition and reporting of all revenue generated by the plant in the course of its business.
- Manage customers’ accounts ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all sales orders issued to customers.
- Confirm customer deposit into DCP’s bank account and post against customer’s account
- Reconcile customer accounts to the general ledger balances.
- Identify irregularities in the customer account reconciliation and work with the relevant Sales and Marketing staff to resolve these issues.
- Post necessary entries to correct errors/irregularities identified in customer account reconciliation.
- Review the commercial agreement entered in the database for each customer to ensure it complies with the written agreement.
- Reconcile cash sales to sales orders and cash at the bank, on a daily basis.
- Recognise revenue on receipt of proof of delivery (invoice, waybill, haulage invoice, etc).
- Analyse cash/ credit sales vs. cement dispatch (weighbridge) vs. actual quantity of cement produced on a weekly basis; investigate and resolve all variances identified.
- Generate monthly Sales and Collection Report to aid management decision making.
- Resolve queries on customer account balance and provide account history where required.
- Generate customer ageing report and follow up with relevant staff in Sales and Marketing on due sales orders to ensure payments are received.
- Proactively and efficiently execute work plans as approved by the Head, Plant Finance.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of Head, Plant Finance and other relevant parties.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Plant Finance.
- Track customer bank guarantees and liaise with the relevant banks to ensure payment is made on the bank guarantee’s due date(s).
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant work experience will be an advantage.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online