World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Admin Assistant (DDM) – GS6
Reference No: 2106982
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organisation: AF_NGA Nigeria
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 months
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- Under the overall supervision of the Administrative Officer for WHO Nigeria, direct supervision of Budget and Finance Officer, the incumbent will provide administrative assistance to EPI programme with a focus on Funds Disbursement Mechanism established to manage funds for Supplementary Immunization Activities (SIAs).
The incumbent will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Maintains financial record of DDM receipts and payments transactions in a cash book on daily basis, perform the reconciliation of the project accounts and provide information on status of the projects accounts on weekly basis and facilitate the closure of projects accounts,
- Ensure timely submission of financial and Management reports by the accounting firm appointed for SIAs funds / Direct Disbursement Mechanism (DDM) and organize their review and clearance by WHO Management.
- Ensure that all recommendations from Management reports and from the DDM partners meetings are monitored and addressed on timely manner
- Verify program documents and reports from WHO field offices (Financial summary report, WHO 412 export report and supply them to accounting firm.
- Act as WCO focal person for Direct Implementation – Imprest PO and Funding Authorization and Certification of Expenditure reports (FACE Reports) collection and organize its monitoring for timely submission by the 37 State Offices,
- Participate in the regular review and update of payment guidelines and operating procedures for compliance to WHO rules.
- Performs any other duties within field of competence.
- Essential: Completion of Secondary education, preferably supplemented by a training in Accounting, Finance, Management or related discipline.
- Desirable: University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or related discipline.
- Essential: At least 8 years’ experience commensurate with the duties of the posts and its grade
- Desirable: Experience in UN or other international organizations
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Describe the essential knowledge and the skills specific to the position
- Good knowledge of Accounting and related disciplines.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with MS Windows applications for word, spreadsheet and data processing.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities.
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
- Desirable: Knowledge of the other UN languages.
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2021 (11:59 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.