The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administration and Procurement Specialist
Reference No: R1406
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Purpose of Job
- The role of the Administration and Procurement Specialist is to provide administrative support and to procure goods and services in compliance with MSH/Donor procurements policies and procedures. S/he collects proforma invoices on approved purchase requisitions, prepares offer analysis and makes recommendations.
- Once the purchase order has been completed, the Procurement Specialist will follow up to assure delivery.
- She/he maintains procurement data including supplier list and standards of goods and services, and ensures the effectiveness of procurement in timely and cost effective manner.
- Assists expatriate staff with resident visas, also assists project staff with visa processing (where applicable).
- He is responsible for supervision of all drivers and provides transportation services to staff and TDYers.
- Arrange hotel for Nigerian staff, participants, consultants who are coming to the state for assignments.
- Arrange hotel for TDY staff coming to assist Nigeria teams.
- Assist staff in obtaining visas for international travel (Where
- Assist in making international and local travel arrangements.
- Arrange for telephones and internet modems for TDY and new staff, as the case may be.
- Provide assistance and follow up to Expats and TCNs on obtaining Nigerian resident VISAS (where applicable).
- Calendar management, ensuring conference rooms are booked and Meeting/conference/activity logistics and making sure to update the records regularly
- Arrange spaces for new employees making sure the availability of desks, chairs etc. are ready for them to use on the start day
- Coordinate the approved Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity
- Coordinate catering services for official functions within and outside the office location
- All aspects of fleet management (fueling, repair/maintenance, log books, reporting, )
- Facilitate the preparation of procurement plan
- Receives approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services
- Tracks all PRs, for both local purchases and those requested through Cambridge
- Determines price reasonableness
- Responsible for collection and analysis of proforma invoices and presents to the supervisor for further processing or approval;
- Inquires immediately for more specifications from requesting units if the purchase request is not clearly specified and completed;
- Handles field office purchases when required;
- Ensures that purchases are made in the best interests of the donor and MSH;
- Assures delivery or pickup of PO for collection of goods;
- Prepares weekly procurement status report and submits to the supervisor;
- Regularly updates the supervisor of all partial collection of the procured goods;
- Informs the supervisor about prices and qualities of goods if purchases are not of routine nature.
- Does quarterly or 6 month reviews of preapproved vendors for routine items such as office supplies, cleaning products, etc.
- Capacity Building of Team.
- Also performs other duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Inform supervisor immediately if asked to compromise integrity by any vendor or other.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Systems are in place to:
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only. The responsibilities and duties are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
Required Minimum Education
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration / Finance / Accounts or related field. Alternatively, a University Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business with 4 years post degree experience.
Required Minimum Experience:
- 4 – 5 years or relevant and progressive experience in procurement and supply management.
- Experience in a USG donor funded project or NGO preferred.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload.
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure.
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Planning and scheduling skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Functional Expert – Has knowledge of processes and products.
- Influencer – Relates to people, builds relationships, and effectively presents arguments.
- Results seeker – Meets deadlines, identifies actions, and achieves goals.
- Innovator – Thinks creatively, anticipates changes, and produces solutions.
- Adaptor – Stays calm under pressure and handles criticism well.
- Complier – Follows procedures and encourages others to as well.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.
- In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.