Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025, and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join the growing team in Nigeria. This individual will play an integral role in ensuring an effective, efficient coordination of a smooth-running work environment.
- The individual is expected to be responsible for providing support in ensuring administrative tasks are efficiently managed in compliance with the company’s procedures and policies.
- This role would also be responsible for coordinating operational logistics, office and facility management, and the coordination of relevant administrative staff.
- We are looking for someone who has extensive experience in ensuring administrative tasks within the workplace are managed efficiently ensuring work functions are provided relevant admin support to deliver on their objectives. The individual is also expected to have basic understanding of accounting and HR best practices.
- The individual should also be passionate about contributing to solving one of Nigeria’s most critical challenges – energy access deficit.
- This role provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in countries across Asia and Africa, including India and Nigeria etc.
Office and Facility (Accommodation) Management:
- Coordinate and manage inventory for the office and accommodation, ensuring the timely procurement of supplies.
- Coordinate and manage the upkeep of office facilities and assets. ensuring a healthy, clean, and sanitized work environment at all times.. Will be responsible for the monitoring of the office and facility management staff.
- Responsible for engaging relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure all location utilities are in good order at all times.
Journey Planning and Vendor Management:
- Work with various teams to ensure regular and efficient travel planning as required.
- Liaise with vendors, drivers to ensure proper journey coordination for employees.
- Maintain a vendor database for all admin related purchases, and work with relevant teams to ensure coordinated purchases for required locations.
- Ensure proper management of all required facility services, maintenance services, and office vendors.
- Ensure proper maintenance and use of company vehicles and coordinate travel requests.
- Ensure engagement with relevant teams to drive timely payments for use of utilities, external vendors etc without truncation of service.
- administrative procedures and systems, and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Coordinate effective maintenance of office IT equipment, as required.
- Provide support to HR in ensuring office costs and expenses are managed and monitored extensively to ensure budget compliance.
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s (or relevant) Degree in related field preferred
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mindset with excellent problem-solving skills
- Operationally focused; detailed oriented but able to grasp big picture
General Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in rural, peri-urban locations as required
- Highly resourceful, hands on with great interpersonal skills
Location and Travel:
- This role is based in Abuja, Nigeria
- Will be required to travel to rural areas and plant sites.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online