Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria)
Duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension for additional two years.
- Nigeria SCALE project is a USAID-funded 5-year project (Oct 08, 2020 – Oct 07, 2025), implemented by Palladium in collaboration with the local resource partners.
- The goal of the Nigeria SCALE project is to strengthen the financial, management and advocacy capacity of local civil society organizations (CSOs) and Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) in Nigeria to create a more accountable, transparent, peaceful, and democratic Nigeria with more effective and efficient public service delivery.
- The SCALE project supports civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities.
- The project is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
The project has five main components:
- Component One – Improve CSO organizational capacity,
- Component Two – Enhance capacity for CSO advocacy, collaboration and management,
- Component Three – Improve the policy and regulatory environment for civil society,
- Component Four – Countering Trafficking in Persons (CTIP), and
- Component Five – Sector strengthening and advocacy.
Purpose of Position
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the financial administration and assisting in the implementation of programmatic activities of the SCALE Project office.
- This position is based in Abuja, Nigeria. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure all administrative matters and logistics of the office are running smoothly.
- Work closely with the operations and finance teams to manage and troubleshoot project financial issues as they arise.
- Be the first point of contact for the project (e.g. answering the telephone, typing email correspondence as requested or other documents for the team)
Finance and Record Management:
- Maintain a filing system for the project, including financial records, invoices, and procurement documentation with relevant approvals.
- Obtain invoices from vendors as per the project operational manual.
- Maintain the office asset register.
- Provide assistance in scanning, copying and printing documents as requested by staff.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and digital packets of supporting documentation for the review of the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Assist with logistics for meetings, including finding a suitable venue, obtaining quotes, confirming dates and sending and tracking invitations with participants, including high-level officials.
- Procure and compile necessary materials for meetings and the office.
- Assist with logistics for project visitors, including arranging interviews, meetings, transportation, accommodations, etc.
- Assist with taking notes during staff meetings.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by the COP:
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar administrative role
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required
- Ability to communicate with high-level officials and vendors in a professional manner, both via written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and computer skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain financial records and prepare financial reports
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Fluency in English and a local language is required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please note that we cannot offer sponsorship for this position. To be considered for this role, all applicants must have the right to work and live in Nigeria permanently.
- Applications from individuals without the current right to work in Nigeria will not be considered.
- This position will be based in our Abuja office only. Applicants from outside Abuja are welcome but will need to relocate at their own expense as no relocation package is available.
- Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss.