Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting a qualified candidate to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Employment Type: Temporary, Contract
- The Administration Officer will be responsible for providing general administrative support to Ondo and Anambra Net Campaign M&E Project for efficient project management.
Scope of Work
- The Administration Officer will be actively responsible for maintaining an effective and efficient workflow of the office through enforcing administrative procedures to the office operating system and equipment.
- S/he will be directly responsible for the provision of administrative, personnel and logistics support in the office.
- S/he is accountable to the Senior Project Manager and will based in Akure, Ondo State.
Office Management: Administration and Logistics (55%):
- Be the operations, admin, procurement and logistics focal point in the field for the Ondo and Anambra Net campaign M&E project providing efficient program support in line with Malaria Consortium Policies.
- Lead in setting up a filling system for the office, ensuring ease of storage and retrieval of documents for both hard copy and soft copy; filing requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing all logistic arrangements including activity prep, securing accommodation, hall and transportation services while maintaining, travel itineraries of staff and short-term consultants (as applicable) to ensure proper delivery and satisfaction of service to the project.
- Responsible for procurements of assets in line with MC procurement policies as well as vendor management and other service providers contracting (including security and IT).
- Will ensure updated records and valid documentation all of vendors. And other service providers and consultants are registered on NAV after compliant supplier registration verification.
- Liaises with Country Office Manager on difficulties and other office maintenance issues.
- Manage all office assets in an efficient manner ensuring regular servicing is carried out to MC generators, Air conditioners, IT equipment Compile, file and submit all administrative records as required by MC related to fuel usage, staff movement logbooks, stock records and asset registers etc.
- Manage the office security provider to ensure that the office has effective security 24/7.
- Work with the ICT support team in Malaria Consortium Abuja office to ensure all ICT assets for staff use in the project are maintained in good working order and managed in line with MC IT user policies; organize, monitor, and manage staff mobile phone credit.
Programme support (30%):
- Coordinate internal and external stakeholder or technical meetings, workshops, seminars, including all travel and accommodations arrangements.
- Lead the compilation of participants list (i.e., CHWs, health facility staff, team supervisors, ward supervisors, state, and LGA supervisors), during MDA and other project events.
- Responsible for contracting short term consultants in state office in close communication with the HR manager at the country office and in line with the procurement policy.
- Responsible for coordinating the administration and logistics support for the programme office on all field related activities in the state.
- In line with the programme budget and working as guided by the Malaria consortium policy, ensure value for money of all procurements for programme activities carried out in the state.
Asset and Stock Management (15%):
- Manage all project-based assets to ensure that they are registered, tracked, maintained, and disposed of according to the Malaria Consortium Asset Management Policy.
- Maintaining the Property Inventory Register for all office equipment (as per the Malaria Consortium Fixed Asset Policy) in the State.
- Purchase and manage stocks, in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Inventory Management Policy.
- Manage stationeries and office supplies for effective management and running of the office.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or similar qualification in Administration or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an operations related role specifically in administration and logistics
- Previous experience in procurement particularly within the donor funding environment
- Proven written and oral skills in English
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with staff
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Effectively prioritise and perform to tight deadlines
- Facilitation and coordination skills.
Application Closing Date
23:59 BST; 3rd June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding. Please find our Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Privacy Notice here.
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date.
- Early applications are encouraged.
- To apply for this position you will need to have the right to work in Nigeria.