MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advisor – Regulatory and Statutory Compliance, Risk and Compliance
Job Identification: 1681
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager Regulatory & Statutory Compliance
Division: Risk & Compliance
- Advise Line Management on possible financial impact across all divisions of regulatory/statutory developments and trends while highlighting potential revenue generation/cost saving opportunities.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders across all MTN Nigeria business divisions to drive compliance with identified regulatory and statutory requirements and obligations.
- Assess the adequacy of existing controls to ensure compliance with applicable laws and requirements.
- Identify control gaps and recommend compensating controls while also supporting the process owners in the development and implementation.
- Implement compliance monitoring activities in line with the company-wide risk-based compliance program and follow-up on agreed mitigation actions and plans to ensure all non-compliance issues are closed.
- Assist with scheduled ad hoc compliance reviews and audits of high-risk areas.
- Support with activities to create company-wide awareness of regulatory and statutory requirements and the importance of complying with these requirements.
- Provide second line assurance to the business through compliance monitoring activities across all business lines, that operations are conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Work as part of the larger Risk and Compliance team to implement compliance initiatives and maturity actions in line with the company-wide risk-based compliance program and MTN Group requirements
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and key process owners to obtain evidence of compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Produce high quality monitoring reports and analysis with insights on compliance monitoring activities, outcomes and trends.
- Assist with preparing standard and ad-hoc information and data reports to the Group, executive management and other stakeholders as required.
- Assist in coordinating day-to-day performance and quality monitoring exercises, implementing effective, proactive, quality processes at the operating level that will positively impact quality and enhance customer satisfactions.
- Stay abreast of all relevant compliance and regulatory requirements within the Telecommunications Industry.
- First Degree in any relevant discipline.
- Fluent in English.
- 3 – 7 years’ experience which includes:
- Experience working in a team and good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring and risk assessments in the context of the Nigerian and global telecommunications industry.
- Experience and understanding of the Nigerian telecommunications industry and regulatory framework
- Strong and effective business communication (verbal and writing skills)
- Ability to plan and execute numerous complex projects under pressure
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of internal controls is an added advantage
- Experience and knowledge of Data Analysis, Research & Risk management would be an advantage.