Adexen was mandated by an international corporation to recruit an experienced individual for their operations in the position below:
Job Title: Africa Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Seniority: Director
Job Category: General Business
Employment Type: Full time
- Responsible for managing the businesses across Africa
- Responsible for leadership of the Africa regional portfolio, ensuring effective and efficient delivery of results
- Contributes towards setting the strategy for the Africa region and manages the priorities, targets and implementation plans for substantive results with regards to the regional business development and the scope and organizational structures in the Africa region
- Leading Performance improvements : sales, marketing, transport, fixed costs, SG&A
- Introducing and sharing best practices from experience / Group
- Leading a team of Panafrican CEOs, is the local representative of the Group
- Responsible for preparation, challenge, validation and implementation of country budgets & the 3 year development plan for each country in scope : review ambitions for growth, and market share, per country with a global understanding of all markets and competitors
- Performance plans (industry, sales, transport)
- Capacity development (debottlenecking, brownfield)
- Capex & cash flow : prioritization of capex needs per country
- Dependence on Forex
- Support Group Strategy and Projects in respect of geographical devlopment : identification of opportunities, market attractiveness assessment, prioritization of Capex
- Responsible for succession planning across Panafrica, including participation in Panafrican HR reviews (talents, skill gaps, ..)
- Responsible for mobilizing Group ressources needed at country level (Industry, Finance, HR, ..)
- Compliance Officer for Panafrica.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in a similar senior executive role within an international manufacturing corporation
- Strong team spirit: job requires constant interaction with CFO, Industrial Director, HR, Sales & Marketing
- A minimum of 15 years of experience that combines strategy and operational leadership in management, business development planning and operations in a large international and/or corporate organization.
- Experience with strategic oversight of programmes in multi-country set-ups.
- Experience in managing large teams and geographically spread teams is required.
- Result driven
- Fluency in French very strong plus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants, however, only those selected will be contacted.