American University of Nigeria Staff Recruitment 2020: The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- In accordance with the American University of Nigeria Bye-Law (2020), the Registrar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University except for financial matters, which fall within the jurisdiction of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is the chief administrative officer of the University and the repository of University documents/records. The Registrar is an ex-officio member of the Governing Council, and the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation AND Convocation. The Registrar is a member of the University Management and Head of the University Registry.
- The candidate must be a person of proven integrity, possess high moral character, an excellent manager of human resources, and a team player. He must be a person with proven leadership qualities and great inter-personal skills.
- The job demands a person who can instill confidence in others as well as command loyalty and respect of people. The person must understand the complexity of a University system and be capable of harnessing the potentials of subordinates to attain the overall goals of the University.
- The right candidate must have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University. He must enjoy good health.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants for the post of Registrar, American University of Nigeria should possess:
- A good (Honours) Degree plus fifteen (15) years post qualification relevant administrative experience in University or comparable institution, with a minimum of five (5) years at the Management level;
- Possession of relevant higher Degree or Postgraduate professional qualification in the appropriate field(s);
- Candidate must be competent in the use of ICT for management services;
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable institution
- Membership of Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA) and relevant professional associations is mandatory.
- Candidates for the positions of Registrar must not be above the age of sixty-one (61) years by June 2020.
- In consonance with the American University of Nigeria Bye-Laws (2020), the appointment of Registrar is for a term of five (5) years respectively.
- Remuneration of the Registrar, American University of Nigeria is competitive, in line with the American University of Nigeria benefits and allowances, as may be approved by the Governing Council of the American University of Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit formal Application electronically, with their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing information on the following below, to: [email protected] using “Post of Registrar, AUN” as the subject of the mail.
- Full Name
- Place AND Date of Birth
- Nationality (if Nigerian, indicate the State of Origin)
- Marital Status: Number and Ages of Children
- Academic Qualifications (including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Professional Qualifications (copies of Certificates to be enclosed)
- Post-Graduation / Professional qualification employment
- Current Employment
- Name and Addresses of Three (3) Referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate’s standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, character, and integrity
- Contact Address (including telephone numbers and e-mail address).
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for an interview with the appropriate committee of Council at a date that will be duly and formally conveyed to such candidates in writing.