British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies. BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries.
Title: Laboratory Analyst
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports to: Laboratory Supervisor
Reporting Level: Non-Management
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Geographic Scope: Nigeria
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Role Positioning And Objectives
- The role is responsible to ensure that tobacco and its products are sampled, analysed and reported so that accurate and timely decision can be taken by the Management and to develop, perform and maintain work instructions, test methods, calibration and maintenance in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17025.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Calibrate all equipment daily before use and document appropriately.
- Make relevant adjustments to instrument if calibration is found incorrect.
- Report any faults found on instruments immediately and in the correct manner.
- Ensure the equipment is clean after every use.
Product Sampling (with the use of equipment):
- Collect routine samples of products in line with minimum requirement for PQI/RQA and relevant protocols.
- Ensure all samplings are well documented.
Product Testing (with the use of equipment):
- Carry out smoking (Linear Smoke Machine + Gas Chromatograph), blend chemistry (Continuous Flow Analyzer), menthol check (Gas Chromatograph) and Triacetin measurement (Gas Chromatograph) in line with relevant protocols.
- Ensure the evaluation of routine samples of product in line with minimum requirement for routine analysis and other relevant protocols.
- Support Quality Improvement Initiatives.
- Produce accurate, timely and error-free information on routine product samples tested
- Ensure no errors in data collected and recorded
- Ensure distribution of results in timely manner
- Ensure proper use of all relevant test equipment
- Authorise to initiate logging of non-conformance according to procedure
- Authorise to alter records (hard copy, during analysis)
- Initiate a preventive action request
- Responsible to maintain client and laboratory confidentiality
- Responsible for incoming inspection of purchased item
- Adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Responsible to identify areas of improvement.
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Minimum of OND in any of the sciences related courses.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in FMCG sector.
- Good knowledge of laboratory processes and procedures.
- Good coordination, troubleshooting, and reporting skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel.
- Very high attention to details.
- Knowledge of equipment software like Chemstation, Flow Access
- Knowledge in ISO 17025 and ISO 9001: 2015.
Competitive Salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
Deadline: Not specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply.