First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analyst, Core Banking Database
Job Identification: 282
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity
- Uses database management system software and tools to investigate problems and collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Carries out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of database and related products.
- Respond to and resolve basic database issues Oracle and SQL
- Install, monitor, maintain and perform routine performance tuning on the bank’s databases while ensuring high levels of data availability access and performance
- Monitor database growth on a weekly basis to generate Utilization Statistics for Capacity Planning Management
- Administration of the bank’s Enterprise backup and Recovery system
- Ensure proper documentation of all databases infrastructure processes/procedures in the Departmental Standard of Operation Document.
- Ensure all Changes to the Configuration of the databases followed strictly the bank’s change management process
- Implement Planned data migrations between systems and responsible for the recovery of the Division’s critical processes and activities as part of the business continuity strategy
- Design/Develop various backup scripts for Oracle and SQL databases
- Perform a second-level checks for the daily EOD activities to ensure all activities are duly carried out to prevent operational failure
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Desk Head, Team Lead and other, IT Infrastructure and Business Applications
- Minimum Education: First Degree in Computer Science; Higher Degrees / Professional Certifications (an added advantage)
- Minimum experience – 4 years relevant experience in the banking industry with at least 3 years in Datacenter operations
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online