Deloitte Nigeria – Our client is one of the top ten (10) leading National Supermarket Chains in Nigeria with diversified Consumer Goods, Retail, Quick Service Restaurants, Entertainment and Manufacturing.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for the overall sales performance across assigned stores and the development of the overall business plan, including sales strategies, cost reduction strategies and profit goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with operations leaders to develop efficient and creative sales, marketing, and customer service strategies for the assigned stores
- Supervise the teams to direct their operations and support them through the process of target actualization
- Review and analyze sales and operational records and reports; use historical data to project sales, and determine profitability and targets.
- Oversee and deliver a Profit and Loss statement. Manage cost drivers to ensure personnel costs, utilities, and other admin expenses are within budget and deliver return on investment Also Safeguard company assets to avoid pre-mature asset replacements.
- Develop, train, and contribute to continuously improving the knowledge, skills and abilities of the team.
- Reward and make recommendations on rewards for performing Outlets and individuals.
- Provide consistent and motivational leadership and direction to all operational leaders
- Provide training to improve the knowledge base of employees in the stores and utilize cross-training methods to maintain productivity
- Review financial reports, customer satisfaction surveys, and other data to identify opportunities for improvement or changes in store operations
- Assist the operations leaders in achieving Branch Performance Monitoring standards to ensure that the stores have the right ambiance and outlook
- Ensure compliance of performance monitoring standards across all stores within the jurisdiction
- Assist to control budgets of stores within the jurisdiction aiming for minimum expenditure and efficiency
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitor are doing
- Collaborate with supply chain to ensure that stores are fully stocked and inventory levels are adhered to.
- Drive customer service excellence to every aspect of the operations of every store including store appearance, display of merchandise, product placement, and selling procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Business Management related field required.
- An MBA would be an added advantage
- 10 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in a senior management managerial position.
- Experience in sales, marketing, or operations in either Retail or FMCG required.
- Oversight/leadership of multiple outlets in QSR or grocery retail is strongly preferred.
- Proven people management skills particularly with team building and transformational leadership.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents (inclusive of credentials) by clicking on the link above.
- Please ensure your CV has information about your skills, qualifications, and experience