WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Asset Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Category: Technical Operations Seniority Level
Senior Management Direct Report: Managing Director
Position Overview and Responsibilities
- The Asset manager will be an integrator for the day-to-day operations and performance of the company’s existing assets.
- He or she will be responsible for the field plan for accountable assets, safe management, and optimization of production, overseeing the integration of all activities relating to accountable assets, acting as the Technical Director as and where required.
- Own, develop, and integrate the life of field plan for accountable assets.
- Establish an operational plan for the development and operation of the asset;
- Engage in ambitious target setting for the asset.
- Enable proper tracking of asset performance in accordance with the Company Limited performance management framework.
- Drive end-to-end asset performance ensuring maximized and safe value creation from the asset in collaboration with relevant verticals.
- Coordinate and prioritise activities from technical and commercial point of view, balancing the short and the long-term view.
- Ensure a sound and company consistent operating rhythm in the asset to enable effective management, transparency, and performance
- Identify capacity and capability needs for the asset in close coordination with relevant operations verticals.
- Define and drive the formulation of a field strategy for the asset
- Provide asset related input to the yearly Business Planning Process for the business Unit.
- Own and prioritise the asset opportunity portfolio.
- Identify and communicate the need for technical service provision for the asset;
- CAPEX and OPEX allocation within the asset.
- Take asset group decisions, within authority limits, in an often uncertain and ambiguous environment.
- Execute and manage tendering process for asset operations contractors in close collaboration with Procurement.
Safety and Asset Integrity:
- Drive asset safety and deliver best practice HSE performance.
- Demand high standards of service provision and provide clear, balanced feedback to providers.
- Improve asset integrity by delivering plans and ensuring that agreed integrity priorities are completed.
- Contribute to maintaining a strong incident free culture within asset(s) by role modelling safety behaviors and taking corrective action wherever necessary.
- Ensure a top quartile asset safety performance by diligently driving the principles of Incident-Free and Process Safety in the asset.
- Deliver production volumes as per the individual asset, business, and work plans within budget as applicable.
- Optimize production reliability.
- Coordinate execution of operational functions (e.g., Maintenance and Turnaround Programs).
- Ensure that the asset is working “in the box” at all times and optimize performance within defined envelopes.
- Ensure cost-effective project delivery within specified targets and timelines
- Ensure operational readiness & assurance such that the asset is ready to operate.
- Ensure integrity and production loss threats are understood and mitigated.
- Integrate operations perspectives to develop an overall asset plan.
- Ensure integration of operational activities, linking discipline area capabilities and resolving issues between onshore teams.
- Manage and optimize day-to-day well stock.
- Identify and deliver near-term asset subsurface opportunities (e.g., well interventions, unlocking Locked in Potential).
- Integrate subsurface perspectives to develop an overall asset plan.
Planning and Optimisation:
- Support and coordinate development of asset group business plan e.g., assumptions.
- Own the life of field plan and coordinate and deploy life of field strategies (e.g., with Growth function)
- Optimize asset planning, from medium-term activity plans to daily planning (e.g., making trade-offs on bed space).
- Manage external (e.g., non-operated partners) and regulatory (e.g., DPR) stakeholder relations.
- Demonstrate a high standard of leadership and be great with people.
- Coach direct reports as required.
- Conduct regular performance and development discussions with direct reports ensuring individuals have development plans.
- Manage and actively encourage teams working within the asset and monitor their development.
- Maintain cordial relationships with external stakeholders.
- Interface regularly with other teams/functions.
- Support continuous capability development for staff working in the asset.
- Actively contribute to the business Talent Management Plan and ownership succession plans for accountable assets.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online