The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assets Assistant
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Requisition ID: req21184
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Open to Expatriates: No
Background / IRC Summary
The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri, Monguno, Gwoza and Bama of Borno State and Damaturu of Yobe State.
Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods.
Job Overview / Summary
- Under the supervision of the Assets Officer, the Assets Assistant is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all assets for IRC Maiduguri or any other Borno bases where necessary.
- One of the core functions of the incumbent as an integral member of the Supply Chain Department is, s/he must be able to manage, label and track all assets and maintain audit-compliant records
- Ensure that an updated asset register is maintained on a monthly basis.
- Assist to ensure that an updated assets inventory sheet is maintained on monthly bases.
- Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment are well maintained.
- Work closely with the IT department to ensure accountability for assets such as laptops, and computer related accessories/devices.
- Tag newly purchased assets immediately upon their receipt in the warehouse and update all assets records for Maiduguri office.
- Issue assets to staff as may be required and ensure all relevant asset forms are filled or updated.
- Carry out quarterly and yearend assets counts together with the assets officer and provide reports.
- Regularly track and update a property inventory list for all properties within IRC offices, guesthouses, and facilities.
- Ensure that any movement of IRC asset/property within Maiduguri office is tracked, and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensure an up to date filing system for all assets is maintained for all assets in Maiduguri office.
- Implement and / maintain standard IRC assets management policies and procedures.
- Retrieve assets at the end of employee term of service and ensure all necessary documentations are updated.
- Transfer assets from ended grant to existing or opening grant with donor approval.
- Track grant end dates and carry out grant end assets count and confirmation together with finance teams as may be assigned by the assets officer.
- Visit field offices for asset inventory (physical count) during report period if required.
- Do assets and property spot check across department/sectors on weekly basis.
- Compile assets monthly reports for Maiduguri field office and share with assets officer.
- Report asset related incidents such as loss, theft or damage to the assets officer and fill relevant documentations.
- Assist the assets officer in collating list of properties and assets recommended for disposal.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Roving Asset Officer
- Indirect Reporting: Logistics Manager.
Other Internal and / or External cContacts:
- Internal: Country Program: Borno field office Operations teams, Program teams and senior management.
- External: Auditors, vendors
- Education: B.Sc / HND in Accounting or any other related field.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in assets and property management, preferable within an INGO setting.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Attention to detail.
- Good planning and organization skills
- Team spirit and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft word, Excel etc.).
- Fluently speak and write English language clearly (Hausa/Kanuri is an added advantage).
Standards for Professional Conduct
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.