Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Front Office I
Job Number: 22003380
Brand: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type: Management
Job Category: Rooms & Guest Services Operations
- Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis.
- Front office areas include Bell / Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk.
- Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process.
- Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Core Work Activities
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team:
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals:
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Collaborates with the Front Office Manager on ways to continually improve departmental service.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans based on review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Displays outstanding hospitality skills.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Interacts with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Managing Projects and Policies:
- Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
- Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Functions in place of the Front Office Manager in his/her absence.
- Communicates critical information from pre- and post-convention meetings to the Front Office staff.
- Participates in department meetings.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area Or
- 2-year Degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.