African Export Import Bank (Afreximbank) was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade.
The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt, commenced operations on 30 September, 1994, following the signature of a Headquarters Agreement with the host Government in August, 1994. It has branch offices in Harare, Abuja and Abidjan and will open an East Africa branch office shortly.
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Human Resources (HR Operations)
Reference Number: LASBLR05
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Manpower Planning: The role will assist in ensuring that all new staff requests, both temporary and permanent are properly justified and aligned to the Bank’s strategic plan and the appropriate reports presented to the Staff Management Committee for approval. Preparing and updating the Bank’s manpower plan as required for budgeting and cost management purposes;
- Contracting & Onboarding of Staff: Assist in process of managing the contracting process with new staff and existing staff who have moved into new roles including preparing draft offers, negotiating, and following up on sign on, background and qualifications checks management. Also, to support the onboarding/registration of newly signed on staff and/or staff who have changed roles into the HR system to ensure that the staff file is complete before being sent to the Talent Acquisition team for induction planning;
- Job Structure Management: Assist the SM HR Operations in managing the process of job analysis and job evaluation as may be required from time to time to ensure that all jobs have relevant job descriptions and are graded appropriately. This would include managing the Bank’s job evaluation system as may be implemented from time to time;
- Pay Structure Planning, Analysis & Management: Assist in the development application and maintenance of the Bank’s pay structure, incentives’ structure (short term incentive plan-STIP and Long-Term Incentive Plan-LTIP) and recognition policies and guidelines to ensure the adoption of best practice and alignment to the strategic objectives of the Bank. This would include carrying out regular reward surveys, analyzing trends and preparing reports with recommendations as may be required;
- Performance Reward: Provide support and assist with a range of reward initiatives, including managing the annual performance reward cycle, pay reviews including benchmarking, reward incentives schemes, including; preparing reward proposals (i.e. pay review, performance bonus and incentive awards) for the Staff Management Committee and the Remuneration Committee of the Board as guided by the SM HROP and Compensation Statements;
- Benefits Management & Administration: Providing support to the process of managing all staff benefits including staff insurance (medical, life, GPA, etc.) the retirement benefits scheme, Employee Housing Scheme (EAHOS) etc. This includes liaising with the external service providers, ensuring that the relevant guidelines for the management of these benefits are applied consistently and provision of reward advice, support, and data from regular surveys on industry practice to facilitate the cost-effective management and administration of employee compensation and benefits;
- Reporting: Contribute to the department’s monthly and annual reporting with the relevant HR metrics and information related to reward and benefits management;
- Off-Boarding: Manage the exit process for all departing staff (permanent & temporary) to ensure that all termination procedures (including system actions) and payment of any terminal benefits have been completed as per the Bank’s rules policies and procedures. Ongoing analysis of key data relating to employee exit trends and preparation of reports and recommendations to management;
- HR Systems: Support the HR Systems & automation process by continually identifying required enhancements to existing systems to ensure that all reward and benefits management processes are optimized and able to support HR reporting, analytics and data integrity whilst also delivering a positive employee experience. Also, to ensure the necessary administration;
- HR Policies & Procedures: Assist in the process of input in the development of, application and maintenance of the Bank’s HR Staff Handbook, whose custodian is the HR Operations function;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University and a relevant Post Graduate Degree in HR / Psychology / Business Management / Commerce or another related field;
- A professional qualification in HR is an added advantage;
- A background in providing consulting services in HR, especially in the area of reward and benefits management including carrying out salary surveys, carrying out job evaluations and building grade structures, building salary structures, etc. is highly advantageous;
- Experience in the financial services industry is essential;
- A minimum of 5 years consulting/industry HR experience, with expertise in Reward & Benefits Management. Experience in the financial services or consulting industry is essential;
- Impeccable computer skills including the full suite of MS Office applications with strong excel skills;
- Experience of using HR systems is essential with exposure to SuccessFactors being critical. Experience with other systems such as SAP, Oracle can also be an advantage;
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality;
- Resilient individual who is effective in engaging with stakeholders and staff at all levels as well as working with service providers to achieve required outcomes;
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of HR practices in Africa;
- A self-starter with demonstrable organisation and planning skills, effective prioritization using a project management approach and a customer service focus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other official languages will be an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to “Lisa Stroud” at: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Click here for more information
Note: CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.