The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Essential Drugs & Logistics
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Technical Officer-Clinical Services, the ATO-Log is expected to support theimplementation of the logistics and essential drugs components of the intervention.
- Provide Logistics support to the outreach team and PHCs focusing on reporting, distribution, storage, and warehousing of PHC essential drugs and commodities.
- Provide technical coordination in product selection, quality assurance, receipt of commodities and efficient storage and distribution systems including laboratory logistics.
- Work with the team in developing, maintaining, and improving a logistics management information for PHCs
- Ensure establishment and strengthening of Performance Based Financing and Drug Revolving Fund systems committees for health facilities through engagement of host and refugee communities.
- Support coordinated systems for NRCS to transport health commodities report and forecast delivery times, transport costs and performance to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
- Ensure that all documentation for health commodities in the team is complete and compliant to established standards.
- Monitor disbursements of Medication, drugs and consumables.
- He/ She shall also provide mentorship and guidance to health workers in PHCs on LMIS.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Must be registered with Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria
- Must possess a valid practicing license
- At least two years’ experience in clinical work or humanitarian settings.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability and willingness to stay at the project sites is required
- Ability to collect, analyze and produce good quality data and information
- Proven skills in data management with concrete knowledge of open-source tools such as ODK collect, KoBo Toolbox.
- Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrate experience in management and supervision of outreach services.
- Demonstrate experience working in a multi-cultural/religious setting.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (as one single document) to: [email protected] explaining why you should be considered for the position you applied for.
- Pay close attention to job description requirements as applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- State the Position applied for/State/Name as subject of the email.
- Applicants who fail to comply with application instructions above will not be considered.