Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN) also known as Caritas Nigeria, was incorporated in September, 2010, as the relief and development arm of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria (CBCN). Caritas Nigeria is a member of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of 162 countries providing relief and supporting human development around the world. Caritas Nigeria’s main focus of interventions are in Emergency Response & Humanitarian Services; Health (HIV/AIDS and TB) interventions; Agriculture & Livelihoods; Good Governance; Anti-human Trafficking & Irregular Migration; Institutional Development & Capacity Strengthening.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified for the position of:
Job Title: Assistant, Transport and Fleet Management
- The Building Sustainable Livelihoods for Vibrant Communities project is a two-year Agriculture and Livelihoods Program implemented in Ekiti and Lagos States, with funding from Conrad Hilton Foundation.
- The overall goal of the project is to build the capacity and empower women, men and youth through climate smart agricultural production, vocational skills and acquisition, and facilitate increased access to markets and financial inclusion
- The Transport & Fleet Assistant shall provide various transportation services, the nature of which is as assigned by the T&F Manager, Admin Manager or designate.
- S/he transport products, materials, equipment and staff to and from specified locations.
- The incumbent’s responsibilities include timely or scheduled drop off and pick up of staff, collection of packages and maintaining a travel log to record work hours, travel-time and locations traveled to.
- S/he shall also be able to perform routine checks on the organization vehicle.
- To be successful in this role, the T&F assistant shall ensure that all transportation duties are carried out in a timely manner.
- Ultimately, it is expected that s/he shall be able to ensure that and other transportation details are correct before undertaking any pick-up or drop-off duties.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Safely transporting Caritas Nigeria staff, products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner.
- Assist with the loading and offloading project related products, and materials.
- Adjust travel routes to avoid traffic congestion or road construction and security concerns
- Promptly inform Caritas Nigeria of any tickets issued against the organization vehicles during work hours.
- Obey traffic rules and parking rules to avoid being at variance with the law.
- Keep the vehicles clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning.
- Provide accurate vehicle travel logs for all movements on a daily basis to and from any location.
- Promptly report any accident, injury, and vehicle damage to management.
- Ensure to check vehicle fluids levels (coolant, oil, etc.) daily
- The Responsibilities (Above) are not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform otherrelated tasks as required and will be responsible for reporting and communicating progress and achievement of the specific assigned tasks
Qualifications and Experience
Qualified applicants must have:
- Minimum of a Senior Secondary School Certificate SSCE is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a project environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes around project locations.
- The ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
- Effective communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Good communication and reporting skills including proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Good Knowledge of effective communication skills both inter-personal and intra-personal.
- Team work and personal impact
- Good computer skills- work well with Microsoft documents- Excel, Word and PDF
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and capacity-building in local partnerships
- Experience working Humanitarian/Development in sector
- Ability to speak local language in Lagos and Ekiti States
- Culturally sensitive, patient and flexible
- Good navigation knowledge of the local terrain of program activities
Key working relationships:
- Management & staff of Caritas Nigeria.
- As assigned.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to spend long hours driving through rough terrains
- Ability to do repetitive work, paying attention to details
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online