Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director, Risk & Control
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Support Country Heads / Cluster Heads, Risk & Control for:
- Identification and management of the end to end processes as defined by the combined CCIB CC Process Universe and associated risks for the activities carried out by the business (including hubbed or outsourced).
- Implementing CAS (Control Assessment Standards) to monitor the effectiveness of the controls and standards governing the end to end process.
- Escalating significant risks and issues, through Country / Regional Heads, to the Process Universe Owners, relevant Risk Framework Owners or Policy Owners.
- Support Country / Cluster Heads for maintaining an awareness of the wider business, economic and market environment in the country / countries which the Group operates.
- Continuously support in evaluation and identification of operational risk implications of business strategies and programmes and provide guidance on any operational risk remediation actions.
- Support implementation and ensuring adoption of COO CCIB CC initiatives in the country / countries.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to specified BAU operational risk deadlines, along with the consistent execution of CST / KCI for relevant processes in the country.
- Responsible for being a key escalation recipient for the business for all operational risk related incidents and queries that arise in the country.
- Ensure risk ownership over centrally / GBS performed validation checks is retained at the country level – specifically ownership of residual risk evaluations and associated remediation activities.
- Responsible for coordinating with stakeholders in the country / countries, increase transparency and share key developments, learnings and best practices.
- Responsible for supporting the business in the country in minimizing operational risks and losses, and ensuring material operational losses are investigated to prevent recurrence.
- Identify non-standard processes and ensure appropriate control mechanisms are implemented and approved.
- Responsible for regular dialogue with CCIB CC and country Compliance teams to ensure that Country Teams are informed of product changes, regulatory changes, new policies, compliance reviews and audits.
People and Talent:
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the country. Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, working in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions to effectively embed a strong culture of risk awareness and good conduct for CCIB CC staff.
- Support in evaluation and identification of operational risks for new products and new business, regulatory and thematic risks, and drive the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate these risks.
- Responsible for raising awareness of business controls, governance and supervision responsibilities amongst relevant staff in the country and ensure an appropriate culture amongst all staff in this regard.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with policies applicable to CCIB CC which impact operational risk. Challenge processes, procedures, and policy together with Country Heads, if there is opportunity for efficiency improvements.
- Responsible for speaking out on emerging risks for the businesses in the country.
- Responsible for identifying knowledge gaps, facilitate development of training on Operational Risk for business staff and country Risk &Control Teams.
- Supporting the Regional / Country Heads in conducting peer reviews.
- Responsible for developing strong working relationship with country, regional and global stakeholders to facilitate end-to-end investigation of business issues.
- Responsible for providing guidance to the business on working towards an advanced MCA, driving improvements in year-on-year average MCA ratings.
- Support Country / Cluster Heads in effective running of Country CCIB CC Business Risk Forum (BRF).
- Support Country / Cluster Head in ensuring adequate governance and oversight of operational risk in the country, through the escalation and appropriate resolution of risk exposures to the Country Risk Committee (CRC) and Non Financial Risk Committees (NFRCs) as required.
- Responsible for escalation of issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the Country / Cluster Head, Risk & Control and Country business head (s), as required.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the business in the region. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the first line operational risk team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters in the country.
- Corporate, Commercial and Institutional Banking Client Coverage Heads in the country / countries
- Regional and Country COO
- Internal Audit
- Regional / Country Heads of Risk & Control
- Business & Country Compliance teams
- Operations (GBS / GTO)
- IMO Teams
- GBS Hub Teams
- Country CFCC team
- Regulators and their appointed auditors (where applicable).
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in first line operational risk management.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; i.e. standards required for roles
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations; i.e. internal/externally required
- Professional Memberships; i.e. required for roles for continuous development/ improvement/awareness of current practices etc
- Bank training; i.e. mandatory & developmental – role specific, and regulatory/compliance bank wide & role specific,
- Languages; i.e. those required for roles.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2021 at 12:59:00 AM