Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Associate Product Manager
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
About the Role
- We are seeking a passionate Associate Product Manager with a desire to develop innovative products, and an innate interest in financial technology to join our product team and help drive various initiatives ranging from small improvements to already existing functionality to launching new products from scratch. The Product Management team is small and is built on mutual respect, high trust, and high autonomy. You’ll work with a strong, entrepreneurial, and product-focused group of engineers and designers in a highly collaborative environment.
- This role requires an individual who thrives in ambiguity, identifies opportunities and moves fast to capture them, and has an unrelenting tenacity. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and influencing skills and uses data to guide his/her decision-making.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product, engineering, design, and legal/compliance teams to build solutions that increase value to Chipper Cash customers
- Create and prioritize detailed product requirements to be used in written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases
- Be a strong advocate for users by achieving deep understanding and empathy through ongoing customer development, user research, and competitive analysis
- Prioritize and build innovative solutions using lean product and design thinking approaches
- Define, understand, and lead the analyses of key metrics to inform decision-making, product feature priority, performance tracking, and experimentation
- 1+ years experience ideally gained in a FinTech or banking environment in a product management or business analysis role.
- Demonstrable experience in helping to build user facing, engagement driving products.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of agile product development and delivery.
- User-centric design approaches and strong product instincts.
- Ability to take a nebulous, vague list of desires & requirements and distill them down into engineering actionable items.
- Experience with SQL a plus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
- We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status.
- Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If there are any accommodations that we can provide during the interview process that help you to be confident and do your best work, don’t hesitate to let us know.