Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Product Marketing Manager, Platforms and Ecosystems
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
About the Job
- Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey.
- From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- As an Associate Product Marketing Manager on the Sub Saharan Africa Access Marketing team, you will work to solve access barriers for more people to access the internet and get online across the region.
- You will work with diverse partners from carriers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to telco partners.
- You’ll deliver campaigns including training that drives usage of Google Workspace and support our cross-functional teams to build scaled approaches to engage Android partners in the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region.
- Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways.
- Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Define and execute go-to-market strategies and organizational coordination for feature/product launches including positioning, naming, external communications, competitive analysis, and feature prioritization.
- Develop marketing plans for Android in SSA and execute campaigns (co-marketing and owned) to drive usage of Google Workspace. Work with the Business Development team to co-market with Telcos and OEM partners.
- Define retail marketing strategy for Android in SSA, including always-on retail training programs, sales incentive programs, point-of-sale marketing, and other customer facing experiences. Develop methods to track effectiveness of retail strategy through measurement and customer research.
- Use quantitative methods, models, and research to help Google better understand consumer behavior to provide important feedback back into the product and strategic development cycle. Determine return on investment for projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in marketing, brand management, business consulting, strategy consulting, agency, or related.
- Experience in managing partnerships.
- Demonstrated analytical experience.
- Understanding of Google’s products, marketing as a discipline and ability to develop frameworks for a solid marketing storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability for developing and understanding strategy.
- Global mindset and ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures, and scenarios. Ability to manage and coordinate projects that span multiple locations.
- Interest for technology, ability to “think outside the box”, and leadership ability to execute effectively.
- Great communications skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online