Benson Idahosa University is a Private University in Nigeria licensed by the Federal Government in February 2002. The Vision of the University flows from the divine mandate of raising academics, professionals and entrepreneurs committed to changing Nigeria for the better.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates with track records of achievement for the position below:
Job Title: Associate Professor / Reader
Location: Benin, Edo
- Qualified and interested candidates are invited to apply in the Departments of Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Mechanical Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering, Benson Idahosa University.
- A Doctorate Degree (PhD) in any field of Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to initiate, develop and lead a research project
- Proven ability to supervise postgraduate students
- Significant publications in reputable journals is required
- Experience in directing academic group discussions
- Experience in interdisciplinary group activities are essential.
- Some experience in University administration at various levels
- Registration with COREN is a must.
- Proficiency in English is essential
- Knowledge of programming languages, knowledge and application of relevant software will be an advantage
- Excellent organizational, planning, presentation, communication, coaching and administrative skills
- An aptitude for continuous learning
- Strong learner focus.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit duly signed 15 copies of Applications together with 15 copies of their current Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing the following particulars:
- Name in full with Surname in Capital Letters
- Post desired and Department
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Current Postal Address
- Current E-Mail Address
- Names and Ages of Children
- Institutions attended with Dates
- Professional and Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Three sealed “Confidential Reports” from the following:
- Immediate past Head of Department
- Resident Pastor of your Church
- Any reputable person in the society.
All Applications should be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
Benson Idahosa University,
P.M.B. 1100, Benin City,