The Lagos State University (LASU), located at Ojo, was established as a Public University in 1983 by the enabling law of Lagos State. Established with the vision of pursuing the advancement of learning and academic excellence, the university has been unrelenting in the pursuit of its mission of becoming a citadel of learning, a community with the trademark of excellence in teaching, research and service to humanity, a catalyst as well as an agent for development.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified applicants for the position below:
Job Title: Associate Professor (CONUASS 6)
Department: Religions and Peace Studies
- Candidates must be holder of Ph.D. in relevant discipline with Eight (8) years Post-Doctoral qualification experience in teaching / research.
- Candidates must have a minimum of Ten (10) years teaching and research experience in a University System or relevant Institution.
- Specialization in Church History
- Candidates must possess some years of post-qualification teaching and research experience in a University with several scholarly publications, administrative experience and demonstrate ability to provide academic leadership.
The University adopts the Consolidated University Academic Salary Structure (CONUASS).
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Thirty (30) copies of detailed Application including photocopies of credentials (O’ Level Result inclusive). The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the following order:
- Name in Full with Surname first (Boldly Written)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Academic / Professional Qualifications (with dates and institutions)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present position
- Current Research
- List of Publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Name, Address and Telephone Numbers of three (3) referees
- Telephone and E-mail Address (Self)
- Proposed date of availability for duty if appointed.
Candidates should please include Three (3) self-addressed envelopes with Stamp of Fifty Naira (N50:00) only on each. All applications with supporting documents should be addressed and submitted to:
Lagos State University,
Badagry Expressway, Ojo,
P. M. B. 0001, Lagos State University,
Post Office, Ojo,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.