Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Back-End Software Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for server-side application logic, integration of the work done by front-end developers, write web services and APIs used by front-end developers.
- Also translate software requirements into workable programming code, maintain and develop programs for use in business, design prototype application, indicate program unit structure, and coordinate application plans with the development team.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Design and code functional programs and applications
- Designs, develops, and implements software consistent with the development process and contemporary software techniques to create more efficient methods in IT.
- Builds reusable code and libraries for future use
- Demonstrate hands on of algorithm complexities
- Contributes to and improves the software development process.
- Design databases to provide up-to-date information used to guide business decisions.
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing program objectives, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor and customers.
- Create workflow charts and diagrams using knowledge of programming and logic.
- Analyze data contained in the corporate database, identifies data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implements solutions.
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Creates testing environment with detailed test plans to technical specifications and test cases based on software/hardware requirements to determine bugs and whether product improves efficiencies.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications, timelines and budget restrictions.
- Be involved and participate in the overall software development lifecycle
- Main focus on coding and debugging
- Develop functional and sustainable applications with clean codes
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Conduct unit tests and optimize performance
- Participates in component and data architecture design, software product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations for moderate to high complexity solutions.
- Assists in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems.
- Determine how existing complex applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces and/or hardware logic, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements
- Formulate logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, and data analysis through the application of professional programming concepts.
Standards and Procedures:
- Comply with regulatory and industry standards, policies and procedures in place for task delivery.
- Be confident, self-motivated and demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business.
- Education: Minimum of First Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering any other related field.
- Specialized knowledge: Minimum of 2-3years cognate experience in .Net framework/Core and C# programming language Database structure and designs.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online