Phillips Outsourcing Services Nigeria Limited – Our client, a well established firm in the telecommunication industry, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Back Office DBA Engineer (2nd Level Operation)
Employment Type: Contract
Reporting To: Head of Mobile Money Operations
- The candidate is expected to be customer-centric with a strong background in solution delivery, support, and operations. Play a key role in managing the delivery of services on the live customer network, broadcast platform and/or IS/IT infrastructure, manage external (Customer) & Internal Stake holders.
- He/ She will be responsible for ensuring optimal performance of DB & 100% uptime and ensuring satisfaction of internal / external stake holders.
- Perform Health checks of the DB and take corrective actions.
- Do Proactive Maintenance and will ensure optimal Performance of DB.
- Troubleshoot DB and provide solution to the issues raised by customer within Defined SLA.
- Do Change Introduction impact analysis Business.
- Support Complex Change Execution.
- Perform 2nd Level Routine Maintenance.
- 2nd Level Incident Resolution.
- Perform critical Incident Management Support.
- Initiate problem Management & will identify RCA.
- Do problem recording, investigation & diganosis, work around proposal & Problem solution proposal.
- Do task for application corrective & Conditioning task.
- Perform FNI for SW packages.
- Degree in Software Engineering or similar.
- Overall experience 5+ Years.
- Overall experience in operation in an IT environment. 3+ Years.
- At least 3+ years of experience as Oracle DBA.
- Certified Oracle OCA is a must.
- Preferably Oracle OCP certification.
- Hands on experience in oracle 11g and 19c installations and tools like expdp, impdp, sqlplus, Opatch, dbca, netca.
- Experience in Oracle RAC and Data Guard.
- Preferably experienced in Oracle DB Performance Tuning.
- Experienced in SQL and PL/SQL scripting.
- Meritorious is to have demonstrated ability from Mobile Commerce, online banking or the IT area of the financial sector.
- ITIL processes knowledge is a merit.
- Solid Linux/Unix handling knowledge.
- Scripting (e.g. Python, Ansible).
- Experience in container technologies e.g. Docker/Kubernetes.
- Knowing or having background in service operations (problem, event, incident mgmt.) and service transition (change and knowledge mgmt.).
- Embrace working in a rapidly developing area, understand that innovating, adapting and responding to change is key to becoming successful.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French.
N350,000 – N700,000 monthly
Application Closing Date
6th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.