Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Engineer – Routing & Switching
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Engineering – TPS
- We are looking for a Backend Engineer – Routing & Switching who will manage the building of cutting-edge Payment Solutions for our customers by combining global payment processing, fraud management, payment security and reporting systems.
- Architecting and building a global, state of the art, massive scale, real-time payment processing platform. Build new, improve and manage existing integrations and applications with external partners.
What your day-to-day activities will be:
- Research and implement best practices technology frameworks/capability models that will control costs, provide higher quality, and/or increase reliability
- Research and stay abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the payment industry
- Career mentoring, coaching and development of a talented group of engineers
- Design, develop and deliver code that can support new product features/enhancements in an agile environment
- Develop customer-facing applications using RESTful APIs
- Create database schemas that represent and support new products/ enhancements
- Maintain quality and ensure optimum performance of developed applications.
- Collaborate in design and development with the rest of the team.
- Maintain code integrity, organization, versioning, and apply object-oriented design principles
- Carry out unit tests of developed applications as well as set up automated testing of applications to ensure correctness, robustness, and scalability
- Work with frontend designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Maintain code and application security at all times. Ensure data protection.
Required competency and skillset to be a Waver:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the organization’s strategy, product, and service offerings
- In-depth understanding of both front-end and back-end languages, and SEO standards
- Excellent Data structures and algorithms as well as creative skills to apply them in solving problems
- Excellent knowledge of database and ORM technologies
- Ability and interest to quickly learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent organizational and people management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting and quality assurance skills
- Excellent time management and analytical skills
- Excellent agile delivery knowledge including branching, testing and continuous development. Collaborate with other engineers to deliver sprint goals
- Excellent DevOps knowledge including Source Control, Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, Deployment Automation, Containers, Orchestration and Cloud Platforms like AWS, Azure and GCP
- Excellent computer programming language and creative skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online