Protea Hotels by Marriott is the leading hospitality brand in Africa and one of the most widely recognized hospitality brands on the continent, with over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda. If you have a passion for delivering every guest a personalized service experience and desire to be part of the ‘Coolest Hotel Brand in South Africa’, join the Protea Hotels by Marriott® team today!
See where your journey can take you. At Marriott International, we believe in seizing opportunities and making your own adventure. A world of opportunity pulls up to your bar with every guest you meet – and you never know who might show up next. That big world also extends to our global, diverse family of associates. Like most families, we’re a group of unique individuals who bring different strengths, styles, personalities and interests to the table. And this makes every single day a new discovery. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bartender
Job Number 22030382
Location: Owerri, Imo
Brand: Protea Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
The impact you’ll make
- You are a bright Mixologist who is always on the lookout for new beverage trends. When you are behind the bar, you create an energy that is both welcoming and exciting.
- You take pride in offering our guests a diverse and seasonally-inspired beverage menu, a warm conversation, and helpful suggestions.
- When you shine, our guests will look forward to relaxing with you after a long day.
What you’ll do
- Welcome guests
- Attend to tables
- Open and serve wine/champagne
- Prepare garnishes
- Stock ice, glassware and paper supplies
- Set up and maintain cleanliness of bar area
- Process all payment methods and complete cashier reports
- This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
What we’re looking for
- Great storytelling skills
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous bartending experience is a big plus.
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
- You’re a beverage enthusiast. And with us, you’ll get to both refine and showcase your craft of creating cocktails. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we’ll make sure you feel right at home.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online