BBC World Service Job Recruitment 2020. APPLY for the BBC World Service Job Recruitment 2020 via the official BBC World Service Job Recruitment Portal. The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic multi-million pound expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is introducing a wide range of new and exciting language and regional content to serve African and global audiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
|1. Job Opening|
2. Job Details
BBC World Service Job Recruitment 2020
Job Title: Editor, Gist
- Job Reference: BBC/TP/788771/49861
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Band: D
- Contract Type: Fixed term
- Job Category: Journalism
- Business Unit: News – WSG World Service
- Gist Nigeria is BBC Africas pioneer co-production with a dynamic team that produces stories being talked about for the social media generation.
- This role will editorially lead TV and digital news content for Nigeria and other African countries.
- As Editor you will co-ordinate, plan and guide all coverage whilst leading and motivating a team of journalists to produce high quality content and to encourage original journalism and distinctive, innovative storytelling.
- You will develop a lively and engaged social media approach to news coverage working very closely with the Languages digital teams.
- Being a key point of liaison with the best possible communication between the BBC and partners you will ensure that editorial and legal guidelines of both broadcasters are met.
- Seeking out opportunities for more efficient ways of working in a multi-platforms multilingual environment you will work with the rest of the management team to build an open, collaborative and creative culture.
Are you the right candidate?
- To excel in this role you will need to demonstrate an outstanding track record of delivering high impact, multiplatform News content for an African audience.
- You will have the ability to deliver editorial innovation and develop great digital and TV content while stimulating new thinking about news journalism.
- It will be important for you to lead, inspire and manage a great team of journalists whilst being able to demonstrate you can manage budgets and observing tight financial targets;
- As Editor you will need to have a solid understanding of top Nigerian, African and international news and how to maximize their potential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2020.