Apply for Benue State Govemment Recruitment 2020 / 2021 as Benue State Government commences recruitment for Benue State Government jobs & vacancies.
The Benue State Govemment has applied for credit from the World Bank towards the cost of Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to payment under the employment of Project Internal Auditor.
The State Project Implementation Unit now invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Project Internal Auditor
- Preparation of quarterly internal Audit report of the Agency.
- Preparation of Audit program for the year.
- To review and monitor the disbursement of the Agency (SOE).
- To strengthen the Internal Control system of the project.
- To review all the authorizations, approvals, eligibility and documentation of expenditures.
- To review the financial transactions or the communities in line with financial Procedures Manual.
- To undertake value for money audit of all projects activities.
- To inspect and monitor all Micro projects in the communities.
- To carry out both compliance audit and non financial audit.
- Inspection and appraisal of the accounting system in operation at the establishment to ascertain its adequacy and effectiveness.
- Verifying the cash and other assets of the projects.
- Examine the reconciliation statement with the carried monthly / weekly Bank statement.
- Ensure that the system of internal check and internal control introduced for the prevention or early detection of fraud and loss of cash, stores and other assets of the project is adequate.
- Ensure that deposit register is maintained as provided in the FPM.
- Check all posting of the assets purchased during the year to the assets ledgers.
- Ensure that every Advance made is properly authorized.
- Ascertain that the Advance ledger is kept up-to-date.
- Ensure that the agreement for the advance is properly executed.
- To have unrestricted access to any project documents, files or minutes.
- To prepare and ensure complement for the project’s monitoring and evaluation system report.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the General Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- A University Degree, Higher National Diploma in Accounting or Banking and Finance and membership of professional association such as ACA, ACCA, ANAN or other equivalents is a must with at least 5 years post qualification experience.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to:
The General Manager,
Benue State CSDP Implementation Unit,
No. 30 Kashim Ibrahim Road, Old GRA,
Makurdi, Benue State.
Note: Any internal staff wishing to apply for the above position must have to resign his or her current position so that the position shall be advertised alongside with the above position.