Bill Gate Scholarships (The Gates Scholarship) 2020 / 2021: Applications are ongoing for the Bill Gate Scholarships (The Gates Scholarship) 2020 / 2021 Sponsored by The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Read through to get the requirements and how to apply.
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
Scholarship Location: Universities and Colleges in USA.
Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Slots: 300 per year.
Bill Gate Scholarships (The Gates Scholarship) 2020 / 2021 Eligibility
- Subject: All subjects/discipline.
Selection Criteria: To apply, students must be:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
NOTE: For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
The Ideal Candidate: An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
Scholarship Award Benefits:
Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Bill Gate Scholarships (The Gates Scholarship) 2020 / 2021 Cost:
- Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
Application Procedures for the Bill Gate Scholarships (The Gates Scholarship) 2020 / 2021
How to Apply:
Eligible and interested candidates are to apply via the link below: