The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Biometrician
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Analyze large multi-year and multi-location data sets collected from trials in Africa using appropriate statistical software;
- Advise IITA staff in planning field experiments and biophysical and socio-economic surveys and data analysis;
- Prepare report, study, and contribute to publish scientific articles in refereed journals documenting research progress;
- Assist the Head of Unit by providing technical training in applied statistics and to supporting scientist, visiting scientist, trainees and national program scientists in team-based research projects;
- Perform all other related duties as required by the needs of the Center.
- Master’s in Biostatistics, Statistics or related field with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in statistics for agricultural, environmental and social sciences.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience in commercial and open-source statistical computer packages like R, ASReml-R, SAS etc.
- Fundamental understanding of experimental design.
- We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.