African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Budget Officer, SNPB1
Job Reference: ADB/21/076
Location: Cote d’Ívoire
Position N°: 50070695
- The Senior Vice-Presidency (SNVP) is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve its strategic objective and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results.
- The SNVP will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions.
- The SNVP will lead Senior Management discussions, decision-making processes and the implementation of key Board and Management decisions.
The Hiring Department:
- The primary role of the Programming and Budget Department (SNPB) is to develop a strategic approach to planning and budgeting, and to coordinate the definition, planning, implementation and monitoring of Bank-wide programming and budgeting processes.
- The Budget Programming Division (SNPB1) is responsible to lead the formulation of the Bank’s three-year resource planning and allocation framework in line with key institutional priorities and the Bank’s strategy, cross-cutting objectives and areas of priority. The Division also assists and contributes to leading and coordinating Budget Programming, Budget Processes, Budget Data Management, Budget Policies and Budget Control Framework activities.
- The overall objective of this position is to support the implementation of the budget control framework during the execution of Administrative and Capital Budget.
- Duties and responsibilities
- Under the general supervision of the Division Manager, the Budget Officer will be responsible for the following areas: Management and monitoring of budgeting tools and systems, Budget Execution support, Budget Analysis and Reporting, Budget HelpDesk Monitoring and capacity building.
His / Her Duties Includes
Management and monitoring of budgeting tools and systems:
- Coordinate with IT Department the functional changes in Activity Time recording system (ATRS) if required
- Implement and monitor measures to improve the filling rate and data quality of ATRS system
- Prepare and update cost accounting system parameters (salary bands, allocation key) for cost allocation and cost sharing
- Propose system improvements in the light of changes in system and budget process
- Propose and/or conduct independent research and analyses on budget issues, identifying problems, proposing solutions and making recommendations to Management
Budget Control Support:
- Maintain data integrity and budget control systems
- Update budget Master Data in SAP CO and SAP FM-BCS
- Coordinate budget loading in SAP
- Coordinate period-end closing exercise (carry forward), including periodic reconciliation, to ensure system data integrity
- Analyse budget transfers and recommend appropriate actions
Budget Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyse budget data and provide analytical reports to allow decision making and initiatives implementation (Coefficient Budgeting, One Bank budgeting approach)
- Collaboration with others budget officers to provide inputs for department key documents
- Ensure delivery of periodical reports to stakeholders (Executive Directors, Senior Management Committee, Managers and Focal Points)
Budget Helpdesk Monitoring and Capacity Building:
- Support End users on daily requests
- Troubleshoot issues on budget systems and tools
- Monitor the “Budget Helpdesk” Email account
- Participate in the design of learning materials for budget and resource management systems
- Act as a resource person for budget and resource management training
- Hold at least a Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, IT or related fields;
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in which 3 years should have been gained within international institutions or well-known corporate entities;
- Knowledge in Budgeting policies, practices and regulations, Operational Programming, Performance Measurement and Strategic Planning with experience in the preparation of strategic reports and/or research publications;
- Demonstrated capacity to initiate and manage innovations and changes;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time effectively to deal with multiple demands and deadlines with ability to work as part of a multicultural team;
- Problems solving, client orientation and attention to details;
- Communication: strong written and oral skills to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people (clients, peers, supervisors);
- Client management;
- Team working and relations;
- Competence in the use of SAP, SAP-CO and SAP FM-BCS modules in particular, and MS Office applications (VB, Access, Excel and PowerPoint); with proficient and good knowledge of SAP BI reporting;
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English or French with a working knowledge of the other.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This Position Is Classified International Status And Attracts International Terms And Conditions Of Employment.
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted.
- Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level.
- The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts.
- The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.