Leadway Assurance Company Limited was founded in 1970. Sir (Dr.) Hassan O. Odukale, (KJW, D.Sc., FCIIN).It has a chequered history of being a company with close attention to relationships, having started operations as a direct motor insurance company. Soon the relationship developed to a stage where it has established a deep relationship with the brokers’ network in Nigeria, enjoying 80% of its current business from this source.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job ID: 2200006H
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: App Support & Analytics
Reports to: Head, App Support and Analytics
Organization: Leadway Assurance Company Limited
Work Locations: Lagos Office 121/123 Funsho Williams Avenue lagos
Employee Status: Entry Level
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Purpose Statement
- The ideal candidate is analytical, a problem solver and a critical thinker. As a Business Analyst, you will use your knowledge, skills, and abilities to solve organizational information challenges and will use your critical thinking skills to identify business requirements before translating them into detailed instructions for execution.
- The role will be responsible for collecting, demanding and documenting operational / working knowledge of various personal and commercial lines of insurance products / services and miscellaneous financial products and their business processes and compliance rules.
- It will require working with internal stakeholders (Technical, Operations, Unified Digital Services, Information Technology, ePMO, Finance, Customer Experience, and Commercial) to understand the processes within the business and modify as required, by proffering technology and/or non-technology solutions for improvement.
- You must have strong writing and communication skills and can build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and will perform a variety of critical tasks to support the day-to-day.
These objectives will be achieved through the following:
- Analyze and define business requirements
- Collaborate with management in engaging stakeholder discussions to capture requirements and specifications based on such interaction with business users
- Identify any problems with the current business process model and be able to establish and implement solutions to optimize this
- Identify key stakeholders and understands how to work with them tailoring communication to their needs
- Develop process flow maps and data processing logic
- Oversee the implementation of approved process improvements
- Identify requirements, process gaps and overlaps across the business to proffer improved business solutions.
- Conduct ideation sessions with the internal team, for innovative solutions
- As a thought leader for business processes, create and implement plans for identified business projects that promote increased efficiency and productivity for business approval
- Perform, evaluate, and communicate thorough quality assurance at every stage of systems development
- Determine and develop user requirements documentation for systems production, to ensure maximum usability
- Carry out training sessions and workshops to guide the business teams
- Carry out periodic quality checks.
Job Dimensions Reporting Relationships: jobs that report to this position directly and indirectly:
- Head, App Support & Analytics.
Stakeholder Management: key stakeholders that the position holder will need to liaise / work with to be successful in this role:
- Information Technology
- Unified Digital Services
Decision-Making Authority / Mandates / Constraints: the decisions the position holder is empowered to make:
- Aside all core functions and authorities ascribed therein; decisions are subject to approval by Head, Operations.
Work cycle and impact: time horizon and nature of impact (Planning):
This role has various work cycle and impact grouping:
- This role has various work cycle and impact grouping.
Ideal Job Specification
- A good Bachelor’s Degree in the Arts or Sciences
- A Master’s Degree is optional
- A reputable and globally recognized Business Analyst certification.
Desired Work Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years relevant business experience.
Leadway Assurance Core Values Behaviours (ISCORE)
- Honesty, probity and uncompromised service consistently at all levels and with all stakeholders
- A desire to help or meet the needs of others. The ability to respond to the changing needs of the customer while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Customer Focus is the willingness and ability to give priority to customers, delivering high quality services which meet their needs
- Objective, Honest and direct in communicating feelings and stance on any issue that would help advance a circumstance or issue.
Respect for Individual:
- The ability to hold each and every stakeholder in high esteem, and value their input in service/product development and delivery.
- To continuously seek to provide exceptional product and service to support aspiration for life and business with high impact results.
Ideal Job Competencies
- Understands the overall ambitions/ strategy of the organization, and how the ambitions can be realized
Critical Thinker and Inquisitive:
- Analyze many business options and ensure the final solution meets every stakeholder’s needs and requirement. Ability to ask the right questions and probe till you get to a solution.
- Able to negotiate different standpoints and come into an agreeable resolution particularly in engaging in discussions and driving change management.
Analytical and Problem-solving Skills:
- Ability to recognize and define business problems and proffer solutions to them
Good Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently whether written or verbal
Visual Modelling Skills:
- Ability to depict complex thoughts and processes into diagrams e.g. process flow maps, user cases, user stories, etc.
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
Results and Achievement Oriented:
- Strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others he/she leads.
Good Leadership & Interpersonal Skills:
- Strong inter-personal skills and leadership ability, which encourages and promotes enthusiasm and team spirit.
Flexible and Adaptable:
- Ability to quickly adjust to new changing trends and remain effective when faced with new challenges and responsibilities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online