Lumos is a market leading provider of high-quality solar home systems in Africa, designed to make reliable and clean power accessible to everyone. Lumos combines easy to use technology with a personalised service to power prosperity for millions of people. Lumos enables people living off the electricity grid or with a poor electricity supply to replace hazardous and expensive fossil fuel generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other basic electronic devices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Data Analyst
Location: Sanya (Mile 2), Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Job Purpose
- In this role, you are expected to work cross-functionally to identify opportunities to grow, optimize, and improve the organization’s business processes by collecting and studying, understanding, interpreting, and predicting patterns in business through data, and then providing those data-driven insights to the relevant function/role in order to enhance business practices and processes.
- Understanding the Business KPIs used to measure Business Performance, Data Dictionary for standardization & applicable business assumptions and documentation
- Wrangling, cleaning, and preparing organizational data for analysis
- Working with the BI Team to extract, transform and load data for storage and analytical purposes using Python and SQL (on MySQL database)
- Working with data, turning it into information, then leveraging the information and obtaining insights that can be used to improve business decisions
- Preparing historical reports using SQL, MS Excel, MS PowerBI and presenting these to the management for better business understanding and decision making
- Using data mining to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns
- Supporting the BI Team while carrying out customer segmentation, profiling, and activity tracking, towards efficient customer lifecycle management
- Working with the BI Team to workout strategic initiatives to improve product sales & customer retention across the country
- Using tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs
- Data Governance & Information Management Support
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- A graduate Degree in a relevant field.
- 2 – 8 years work experience.
- Previous experience as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Product Analyst, Sales Analyst or Business Intelligence Analyst using the above listed skills.
- Database Tools:Competence in the use Microsoft Excel and SQL to collect, organize and analyze data
- Programming Language:Efficiency in the knowledge and use of Python to clean, manipulate and load data into specified database (ETL)
- Data Visualization:Ability to use either Tableau or Microsoft Power BI to translate analyzed data into visual insights
- Business Analysis: Understanding of how businesses function in order to recognize potential areas of improvement
Required Competencies And Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in the use of SQL with MySQL database
- Proficient in the use of Python (data mining, cleaning, extraction etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux a plus
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience in the use of CRM applications (knowledge of Salesforce a plus)
- Responsible and accountable
- Customer centric
- Team Spirit
- Problem solving
- Critical thinker
- Hardworking and have a solution-oriented mindset
- Team player promoting a positive work environment
- Fluent in English and other possible local Languages.
- Communication & Collaboration
- Prioritization, Organization & Multi-Tasking
Application Closing Date
5th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.