First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer (Guangdong & Shangai)
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Job Identification: 388
- Responsible for providing trade referrals and deal origination to FBN and its subsidiaries for businesses in the Asian corridor particularly businesses within the regions of Guangdong and Shanghai.
- Indentify and support the conversion of business opportunities that may result in growth and income for the Banking Group.
- Provide advisory services to Asian businesses in China seeking to do business in Nigeria and in any of FBN presence countries.
- Identify Asian business opportunities for the Bank and its subsidiaries, working in close conjunction with ITBG, CMBG and relevant business units.
- Identify business and lending opportunities for the Bank and its subsidiaries from the host country and vice versa, working in close conjunction with Head Office SBUs and other subsidiaries (ITBG, CBG, CMBG, Retail Banking, Private Banking, FBNUK, SSA subsidiaries, etc.)
- Establish business plans and plan current and long-term objectives for the regional office
- Plan and execute a market penetration strategy that will propel the Bank’s offerings to identified target markets
- Refer identified business opportunities to Head Office SBUs and other subsidiaries
- Promote the Bank to host country-based institutions/corporates/individuals as their preferred service provider for their banking/transaction needs
- Maintain post-referral relationships with referred customers and their Relationship Managers, escalate issues to the responsible Head, and ensure total resolution of customer/prospects issues from the China/Asian end
- First Degree in any Economics / Finance / Accounting or relevant numerate discipline.
- Minimum experience – 7 (seven) years working experience with at least 5 years in Banking and/or business development, especially in Institutional/Corporate Banking, and with good exposure to International Banking and Project Finance.
Application Closing Date
2nd December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online