United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Manager
- To establish and maintain positive customer relationships, plan and deliver an effective marketing strategy and monitor the progress of new and existing products; as well as provide operational management support on a day-to-day basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare annual marketing plans and strategies for liability generation to enable PCMs/business officers achieve targeted growth objectives.
- Develop and obtain approval for annual marketing plans and strategies for designated product ranges to enable achievement of targeted growth and profit objectives.
- Monitor and control business office income and expenditure to ensure profitability.
- Recommend the creation of risk assets to increase business office profitability.
- Visiting business customers and attending meetings.
- Representing the bank within the wider community.
- Contribute to the effective launching of new products to ensure favorable market response and optimum build-up of revenue.
- Facilitating, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with new and existing customers.
- Evaluate market research and competitor analyses in order to formulate marketing plans and strategies.
- Assuming overall accountability for branch expenditure on products and services, such as the administration of consumer lending, current account transactions, overdrafts, credit cards and personal loans.
- Monitor and assign targets to PCMs/business officers to ensure effective focus on target achievement.
- Maintain and acquire customer relationships to improve deposit liability growth and mix.
- Providing strategic direction and operational support to employees.
- Defining and implementing the delivery of marketing strategies and targets.
- Coaching and motivating employees to effectively execute their day-to-day tasks to meet corporate targets and delivery objectives.
- Effectively communicating to employees the corporate policies, objectives and targets of the bank.
Minimum Educational Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in any related discipline with a minimum of second class lower.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience required
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Bank products and services.
- Business development and acquisition.
- Relationship management.
- Ability to evaluate the needs of customers, and determine what products or services would best serve those needs.
- Interpersonal skills.
- IT and Computer appreciation
- Communications skills(written and oral).
- Selling and marketing skills.
- Must be self-solution-driven, proactive, and have acceptable knowledge of the business environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Supervisory skills.
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online