The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (G5) – Human Resources
Requisition ID: 178007
What Will You Do On This Position?
- You will deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities to the Human Resources Team as well as to WFP colleagues, to ensure top notch service delivery.
- In addition, you will also play a key role in establishing the HR team’s data-driven approach for more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive WFP through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Process and manage routine administrative HR.
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality HR information management and HR Dashboard.
To Join us in Saving Lives, Changing Lives You Will Have
- Education must have: Completion of Secondary School Education.
- Education nice to have: A post-secondary certificate in Human Resources/ Statistics/ Data Analysis.
- Experience must have: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work.
- Experience nice to have: Work experience in the Human Resources field . Experience working with Human Resources Information Systems.
Knowledge & Skills:
- You are a people person, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality HR service.
- You have excellent communication skills to work with and advise a diverse group of individuals.
- You love data and have the ability to carry out basic data analysis using various data visualization techniques.
- You are a problem solver, with the ability to work independently and rectify problems requiring attention.
- You are well organized and have the ability to keep business processes on track
- You are discrete and have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language.
Expected Competencies and Behaviors:
- Leads by Example with Integrity
- Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
- Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
- Applies Strategic Thinking.
Why Work With Us?
- This is an opportunity for an exciting and challenging Human Resources role in a multi-cultural, hardworking, fun and interdisciplinary HR team. In addition, we offer:
- Meaningful and impactful careers: Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve
- Continuous learning and training: We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers
- Multicultural and stimulating work environment: We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger.
Application Closing Date
19th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties.
- Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
- WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.