Cam Nigeria – Nourishing families with real dairy products sourced from pastoralists communities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting:
Job Title: Marketing & Sales Lead
- Location: Abuja
- We are looking for a creative, entrepreneurial and ambitious storyteller that is energised and ready to rise to the next level in their career.
Câm is a customer-obsessed company that is leading the way in developing locally sourced high quality fresh dairy products. We are looking for a self-starter that is committed and passionate about our purpose, ambition, and values to help launch our first product and build our brand equity and customer loyalty.
- Lead and develop brand/product management, marketing, communications, and insights functions.
- Collaborate with the CEO to shape the vision for the Câm brand.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador, representing the company’s brand, products, culture, and values.
- Generate innovative ideas to define and promote our brand and products.
- Ensure brand consistency throughout all marketing channels and customer and stakeholder touch points.
- Set and achieve measurable, specific, and inspiring marketing goals.
- Develop annual and quarterly marketing plans and budgets to meet our marketing goals and drive P&L results.
- Develop marketing initiatives and campaigns that support and expand product distribution/availability and increase brand awareness, conversion, household penetration, and repeat purchase.
- Plan and execute promotional activities such as trade shows, sales events and experiential marketing events.
- Oversee market research and analysis including market segments, buying trends, competitor analysis, and consumer insights.
- Oversee relationships with brand strategy agencies and market research and public relations firms.
- Run the day-to-day digital presence of the company. From posting on Instagram Stories to updating website content to following news about our community, you will implement the daily efforts necessary to bring marketing campaigns to life.
- Optimise our digital presence, monitoring, tracking, and reporting on performance metrics such as clicks, shares, open rates, and followers to better understand how we best engage with our audiences. You will in tandem optimise all content for SEO and social performance.
- Collaborate with other teams to collect stories, assets and information for learning reports, case studies, and other collateral.
- Collaborate with the CEO to develop strategic sales plans, which include defining clear objectives and challenging goals to gain market share.
- Own ultimate responsibility for successfully meeting or exceeding sales goals – manage annual, quarterly, and monthly sales targets.
- Collaborate with the CEO to build a lean, agile and energetic sales team – work in a hands-on fashion to build the team, provide motivation and inspiration.
- Oversee day-to-day sales operations.
- Manage tools and materials needed by the sales team to achieve business objectives, including software solutions.
- Identify, contact and acquire B2B customers – drive, cultivate and deepen relationships with customers, understand their business models, and influence key decision makers.
- Develop and manage collaborative strategic partnerships.
Customer Success and Support:
- Help develop and nurture a consumer-focused culture.
- Develop communication channels to optimise customer feedback and support.
- Use qualitative and quantitative customer feedback to develop actionable insights.
- Track customer success performance using metrics such as customer retention rates, referrals and customer lifetime value.
- Develop and execute customer satisfaction scoring systems to measure success such as net promoter scores.
- Identify optimal software for customer relationship management across all active channels.
Skills & Attributes:
- You are a results-driven collaborator and culture builder with the ability to identify, take advantage of, and build on the right opportunities.
- You are aware of the latest market trends and shifts, as well as projections for the future.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and cultural awareness.
- You have an analytical mind and the ability to synthesise knowledge, trends and feedback into actionable insights.
- You are Ready to Get Stuff Done (GSD). If something’s not happening fast enough, your gut instinct should be to pick up the phone, pound on doors, take a road trip or jump on flights, and relentlessly pursue your goal until it’s done.
- You are a prolific generator of marketing ideas with a willingness to experiment in a measurable way.
- You’re proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed.
- You are customer-obsessed, have a creative mindset and superior attention to detail.
- You have exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- You are highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Marketing, Communications or Journalism preferred).
- A minimum of 5 years of marketing and sales experience encompassing brand management, marketing communications and sales in FMCG sector.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and graphic design software.
- Successful track record of leading scrappy, innovative and impactful marketing campaigns through non-traditional channels, with small budgets and lean teams.
- Has built brands using low cost, high impact marketing initiatives.
- Has a track record of building and maintaining healthy, constructive, collaborative relationships.
- Experience in developing content for digital communications channels, including websites, email campaigns, and social media.
- Experience in digital marketing tools, using Google AdWords and analytic services, marketing automation platforms like Mailchimp, publishing platforms like Medium, and content management systems such as WordPress.
- Experience working in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
Reporting lines: The Marketing & Sales Lead reports to the CEO.