The Pan-African University (PAU) was established with the aim to contribute to sustainable development in Africa and to prepare “a new generation of change makers properly trained to take the best advantage of African human and material resources, imbued with the common vision of a peaceful, prosperous and integrated Africa. This also includes the creation of “solutions and innovations to the challenges identified in Agenda 2063 by development-oriented research” PAULESI incubation centre of Excellence will give students and researchers a platform to develop their skills and competencies whilst putting their theoretical knowledge into practice to create sustainable business solutions towards a better country and by extension, the continent at large.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Center Community and Communications Management Associate, PAULESI
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Type: Contract
- We are recruiting a Center Community and Communications Management associate who will support in activating and engaging the community as well as be responsible for communications related to the PAUSTI Incubation Center of Excellence’s programs and activities.
Event Planning & Communication Management:
- Execute and organize events and workshops where PAULESI students will receive hands-on support and capacity development.
- Organize monthly meetups to incorporate an ownership culture within the community, facilitate sharing and engage all stakeholders.
- Drive traffic to the centre’s website and blog in order to increase brand awareness.
- Updating the website pages in order to ensure the most current information is displayed; and ensuring a good liaison between the website, blog, and social media platforms & Preparing detailed weekly and monthly reports on social media activity.
Community engagement strategy Development:
- Develop concept notes and design materials for community engagement meetups
- Communicate meetup details within and outside the university to achieve a high attendance rate of the target stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders within the University to create post-event articles where necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Communication, or any related field.
- Having relevant experience in community engagement/management or a similar position is a bonus.
- Knowledge of office software packages (MS Word, Excel).
- Good communications and interpersonal skills with attention to details.
- Excellent analytical skills; with the ability to retrieve, organise and analyse information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure deadlines are met, with the ability to prioritise workload without close supervision.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online