Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Central – Regional Internal Auditor
What you will be doing:
- The “Senior Finance & Operations Auditor” will be responsible for providing insights and assurance with a focus on Finance and operational risks, fraud, business wrongdoings and abuses within the company.
- The successful candidate shall plan and execute audit assignments to ensure that people, processes and tools operate according to defined policies, standards, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Overall, his/her assignments shall provide a reasonable assurance whether significant finance and operational risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- The candidate shall demonstrate skills and experience in internal auditing to be fully autonomous in all audit procedures and become a strong contributor on all business assurance projects.
- A successful “Senior Finance & Operations Auditor” will have a significant opportunity to gain exposure across the entire Jumia Group.
The position shall demand from the candidate:
- A thorough understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned projects;
- On-site or remote business audits (on need basis, up to 50% travel time to emerging countries in favorable travel conditions);
- Effectiveness and autonomy on audit tests execution and experience on all audit phases (planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow-up);
- Strong contribution to the development and execution of the continuous audit program;
- Insights into current, emerging and potential business issues, trends and opportunities that will enhance efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls;
- Excellent analytical skills for identifying control issues and suggest practical and creative recommendations for their mitigation;
- Strong communication and influencer skills to help enforce the implementation of operational efficiency and best practices across Jumia’s environment.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration;
- At least 4 years professional experience in an Audit position (internally or in an advisory firm);
- Strong experience and knowledge of audit methodologies techniques and standards;
- Recognized audit relating certifications are valued (e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIA or similar);
- Experience delivering and managing audits in eCommerce or fintech industry is a plus;
- Excellent writing and oral English skills required to interact across our multicultural environment and produce formal documentation (Arabic or French is a plus).
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.