STRUGZ is a Public Relations, Legal, Management and Training Consulting Firm, with a passion to transform minds in a dynamic way that helps its clients find a rhythm and maximize its potential to a maximum capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef (National & Continental)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A trained professional cook who is proficient in all aspects of food preparation.
- A head chef, oversees all aspects of the kitchen.
- Will work closely with other cooks, create menu items and determine food inventory needs.
- Prepares and cook foods of all types.
- Handle Food Production and Provide the Highest Food Quality:
- Maximizes guest satisfaction by providing the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins of the hotel kitchen.
- Assures adherence to standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation
- Oversees all food production related areas
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the client
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Seasons food according to recipes or hotel standard and needs
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on client preference
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Devises new recipes
- Estimates expected food consumption and organizes preparation
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases
- Orders new menu items for specials or cheap deals
- Butchers and cooks animal meat based on the atmosphere
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience
- Prepares any necessary sauces or accompaniments before meal service begins
- Offers a creative menu to attract guests
- Cleans up after business hours
- Communicates with Head Chef and management about how to improve meal service
- Co-ordinates activities, times and communicates priorities to ensure correct preparation, and delivery time to provide food for functions, a la carte, groups, breakfast and rooms service
- Facilitates communication between kitchen production and service staff
- Assures that proper safety, hygiene, and sanitation practices are followed
- Ensures readiness and compliance in case of last minute changes to reservations
- Ensures that prices and portions are offered in accordance with food and beverage profit objectives.
Health and Safety:
- Adheres to all health, sanitation and food safety rules and regulations, and makes sure that all staff adheres to these
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Develops guest / market oriented menus, and changes menus regularly to reflect local, international, seasonal and national trends.
- Candidates should possess an OND / HND qualification with 5 years work experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Culinary Arts, Kitchen Equipment Knowledge, Butchering, Knowledge of International Cuisines, Creativity, Interpersonal Skills, Culinary Arts Training, Basic Computational Skills, Organisational Skills, Verbal Communication.
N80,000 – N90,000 (Monthly).
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.