At Air Peace Limited, we continuously strive for excellence in all we do. Through our people we are able to attain higher heights because their unique strengths and experiences help us turn challenges into opportunities. We employ the best talent and provide a great opportunity and environment for them to display their best skills in a service driven environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Inspector
Department: Engineering & Maintenance
Reports to: Technical Director of Engineering
- Plans, directs and executes inspection standards to ensure the workmanship, material and procedures of maintenance activities complying with Air Peace and regulatory requirements.
- Supervises maintenance inspection activity for the department, ensuring that all personnel performing required inspections (RII) are properly qualified, trained, and authorized in accordance with Company procedure.
- Establishes that calibrated tools used in the accomplishment of maintenance is in suitable condition and have been calibrated within the established time period.
- Ensures there are no defective, non-conforming or un-airworthy parts installed in any component or aircraft released to service.
- Establish standards and procedures for maintenance inspection system.
- Communicates with the head of maintenance and CAA as applicable to business requirements and the progress status of the aircraft inspections.
- Monthly/quarterly planning of resources, training, and activities of quality control team.
- Resolve quality control issues relating to administration, staff escalations and deviations.
- Ensure that maintenance tasks are recorded accurately and signed for in order to maintain correct and up-to-date aircraft history /data.
- Escalate issues relating to improvement of policies and procedures. -Report incidents/accident occurrences as per company procedures. -Adhering to the company safety, health, and environmental policy.
- Assist with initial indoctrination training of new hires as requested.
- Supervise and develop quality control inspectors for improved competency/ efficiency.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality of aircraft maintenance.
- 95% aircraft availability.
- 98% aircraft technical dispatch reliability.
- Number of incidents/accidents.
- Optimal material and resource usage.
- Team Development.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Aeronautical / Instrumentation).
- At least 10 years aircraft maintenance experience, 3 years of which should be as a Senior engineer/Supervisor.
- Basic License (B1/B2) plus approval on either B737 Classic, Embraer 195-E2, Embraer 145 or B777 aircraft type.
- Three years of aviation inspection experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Specialist knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Specialist knowledge of aviation legislation/regulations.
- Proficiency in computer applications and MRO system.
- Ability to interpret technical data.
- People management.
- Specialist knowledge of industrial safety standards.
- Human factors application.
- Proven integrity, transparency and accountability traits.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without compromising quality.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Leadership quality.
- Customer service orientation.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.