ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Clinical Officer (HIV Care and Treatment), Country Office
Job No.: 495194
Work type: Regular Full Time
Categories: Program Management / Implementation / Support
Reports To (Title): Technical Director
Incumbent: N / A
- Working under the supervision of the Technical Director for the RISE project in Nigeria (with additional technical guidance and direction from the Leads for Care and Treatment, and Pediatrics and PMTCT), the Clinical Officer will support in the provision of oversight in the implementation of HIV care and treatment activities in the4 RISE states supported in Nigeria.
- The incumbent taking direction from the thematic leads will be responsible for day to day updates on service delivery from across the 4 states at the Country Office with the goal of achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control, improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
The Clinical Officer will:
- Provide support to state clinical officers/associates in the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of HIV care and treatment services at RISE-supported facilities including but not limited to same day ART initiation; OI screening, diagnosis and management; ARV optimization; differentiated service delivery design and implementation (including Multi-Month Dispensing); retention strategies; institutionalizing specialized clinics such as viremic clinics among others.
- Provide technical support in communicating HIV Surge urgencies and evidence-based performance optimization strategies to the state teams as well as facility clinical teams in assigned RISE facility(ies) and/or Local Government Area.
- Participate in training, mentorship and supervision to strengthen performance and quality of care to clinical optimizers, facility and community case management teams for achieving linkage to optimized ART, client education and retention, and management of virologically unsuppressed clients.
- Support program monitoring, evaluation and reporting through the collation, analysis and reporting of process, output and outcome level data to help determine the project’s impact on patients’ clinical outcomes and quality of life.
- Support implementation of program Quality Improvement projects including but not limited to mortality reviews and SIMS assessments, conduct root cause analysis, implement remediation plans, track outputs of interventions and strengthen reporting of outcomes.
- At the discretion of the Technical Director, attend stakeholders’ meetings in coordinating HIV and TB care and treatment programming, review meetings and conferences.
- Work closely with the Technical Director, Program Leads for Care & Treatment, and Pediatrics-PMTCT to develop project work plans, monitor progress towards program objectives and timelines, including regular reporting to and communication with RISE leadership, USAID, and ICAP in New York.
- Document project training and technical assistance activities and contribute to the production and dissemination of technical reports, guides, manuals, success stories, and other printed resources and toolkits.
- Stay current and up to date on HIV clinical services guidelines, strategies and protocols, including Government of Nigeria and relevant international (i.e., WHO) protocols and guidelines.
- At the discretion of the Technical Director may attend technical leadership meetings.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be assigned by the Technical Director.
- MB, B.Sc or equivalent.
- Advanced qualification such as MPH or MSc Public Health is an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the management of HIV care and treatment projects in resource limited setting, at least 2 of which will be in PEFAR funded NGO
- Demonstrated technical expertise in HIV care and treatment
- Experience in supporting ART facilities within context and urgencies of the Nigerian HIV Surge preferred.
- Prior experience in training, mentoring, and supervision of multi-cultural facility and community based clinical and program teams (including institutionalization of relevant review meetings at service delivery level).
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy with competencies in MS Office Suite required.
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills; ability to interact professionally in English and oversee the production of comprehensive program reports
- Travel to RISE supported States in Nigeriaconducting site visits for capacity building and program monitoring activities.
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online